Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

thats what they think i have.

all the diagnosis criteria fit me. since i was told, iv just been feeling so suicidal and close to doing smthing. i dont really know why im bothering to carry on. if they're correct im an emetophobic anorexic paranoid schizophrenic with OCD tendencies and social phobia.

<sighs and crys>

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Please don't be sad.

*is more than sad*
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well what do doctors knowanyway! Please Jenneh don'tlet the Emet and all that other crap beat you! You have to keep trying if you give in then Emet haswon and you're muchstronger than it is! It just has the advantage ofknowing where you're weakest. I know it's hard but try to keep your head up and get on with your life. If you want to chat my email is [email protected] ok?Hope youfeel better.

Wow that is alot of things. ( i'm anorexic too!) Whose diagnosed you with that? Dont let this get to you. Judt knoeing about everything that is wwrong doesnt mean that the problem is any greater than it was before

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I'm sorry you feel so depressed. We're always here for you!!!!!!!!!!!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Jen: sometimes the diagnosis is the first step to recovery. I'm so sorry you're going through this - I know other people with similar diagnoses and I know how hard it can be...labelling is so difficult. I personally would probably feel exactly the same way you do if I was in your position so I'm not going to tell you to cheer up and feel better, but I do want to tell you a couple of things:

1) sometimes meds can save you and make you feel so much better and lead a way more healthy existence. Do you have a doctor you trust? Have you done any research? look into the local schizophrenia society or friends of schizophrenics for a start.

2) if you're not into that and you feel like the diagnosis is total bs and you want to go another way, there are tons of support groups all over the place for people like you. My father-in-law is an "anti-psychiatry" activist because he was wrongly diagnosed many many many years ago and was horribly treated with a treatment that no longer even exists. He and others like him can provide so much support for people who have been diagnosed and just don't know where to turn. Let me know if you're interested in finding out more.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

thankyou so much everyone for ur kind words.

since iv been away from this site, i got really really depressed and suicidal, but iv pulled thru, and all i can say, is im glad i did.

i have my AS's next week, and they're not even stressing me out, because im jst feeling so muich happier i cudnt care what happens, its not gnna make me feel sad! hopefully!

u people are right, a label makes no difference, im stil me, and im still gnna get over whatever it is im suffering.

thnku again evryone [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Jen xxxxxxxxx

MSN:

All my best wishes to you!

-Jason

Hey Jen,

Good to hear from you again. Don't let the diagnosis get you down. Once you're diagnosed, they can start figuring out a treatment plan that will work for you - that's the good part. Yes, they may be wrong or a bit off, but so what? The way I figure it, mental illness is mental illness. It comes in all sorts of flavours. Everything you described is kind of related anyway, and I would suspect that most of us have/had mild symptoms at the very least of each of these things at one time or another. The good news is that most of the treatment regime is the same, regardless of "how many" things you have. If you really are schizophrenic, there is good medication (and you must take it!) Balancing out meds will be an important part of your treatment.

Let people help you. Get all the help you can.

All the best, and I hope we can be part of your overall support.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hey Jen,

Hope you're feeling okay now. Meds can help tremendously with schizophrenia. I have known a couple people with it.

It sucks you feel so down, but know that they're are people out there for you!!!

Make sure you do everything to make yourself feel better!

Good Luck

yeah, they did say they wanted to put me on anti-psychotic drugs, but since then, they havent mentioned it again...

i think they're tryin to see if i can just get thru it alone for a whle, without these drugs, and iv proven to them that i can, cos here i am.. still relatively sane!

since they said it, iv had a completely different outlook on things. i now dont feel like im out of control anymore (which is odd) i now feel like i CAN get cured from all of this mess, it wasnt my fault to begin with, and therefore i dont DESERVE to stil be going thru it.

so im using my sessions with my social worker to the limit now. and the positive attitude is working, at the moment, my emet, OCD tendencies, social phobia, anorexia and the voices have ALL calmed down!! and the only reason behind it is, that i told myself i can get thru it. the mind is so powerful, lol.

and sage, this place is my biggest source of support. your all great thankyou so much for being you!

Jen xxxxxxxxx

MSN:

Hey, Jen, glad you are feeling better! You are so right about how powerful the mind is! If you ever start feeling down again reread your post and look how stong you really are! We're all here for you![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

thankyou simplyme : just thort i'd let you all know im seeing my social worker again today, and all i'll be able to say to her is "im fine, things are fine" iv never ever been able to say that before to her, lol. theres always been SOMETHING.

altho, as my best friend keeps reminding me, i cant get my hopes up too high can i? i mean, what if this is jst a funny phase, and as soon as it comes to summer (when i need to start going out with friends and stuff) the emet and evrything else falls back on top of me?

i mean, im sure it wont, if im strong enough. still *crosses fingers anyway* lol.

Jen xxxxxxxx

MSN:

Aww, go ahead and have your hopes, what do any of us have w/o hope. Worse case it does come back down on you again and you pick yourself up and dust yourself off like you have done this time. You now know you can and that you are a strong person! I'm so happy you are going to be able to say "I"M FINE" WHOO HOO!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Jen,

I met you on Sunday on chat. Be strong stick with medications &amp; know that you have so much support from this group! You can Beat this!!!! I wish I was there to give you a hug!

Your friend from Florida,

-Lisa (Leese)

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Best wishes to you. Always remind yourself that the Lord gave youthe stregth to beat it once and that he do so again if it comes to that. Don't dwell on what might happend and enjoy the freedom and happiness that you have now.
    Labels are just that too labels but I have found that in some cases that knowing that a problem has a name and can be cured/helped is a big help in itself. I would rather be labeled as having schizophrenia then have them tell me that they have no idea what the problem is. I think I would worry a lot more.
    In our prayers and thinking of you BIG hugs.</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

thankyou leese and melikasa [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

iv been researching it alone a bit more; and kinda realised that i cannot be as severe as having paranoid schizophrenia, because, if i really was schizophrenic, i wudnt understand i was ill!!

so mayb the social worker just didnt really think of this before...

well, anyway, makes no difference what the label says, as u say.

Jen xxxx

MSN: