Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Panic stations at the ready :(

I am in so much worry right now!!

Heres my story of the last week;

Last Saturday mum suddenly got stomach pain and *n, she went out Saturday night to a wedding, I thought nothing of it, she continued to moan about cramping all through, I went away to petsit for someone on Monday, so didnt see her.

I rang most nights and popped back on Wed, Thurs and Fri. Both times she seemed fine and was cooking dinner.
    Today I went to my sisters to help her move into her new house, she went to the toilet, I went straight in after her, went to wash my hands and realised there was no soap, que some panic.
    Got into her car and saw a packet of mints, took one out with my hands, just as I put it in my mouth she then tells me she has had 'the worst sv* ever all week and was off work until Wednesday'
    Great! So I went to the loo after he touched the flush and didnt wash my hands then touched the mint that went into my mouth, I can just feeling it crawling inside me :'(

I thought that was bad enough, then mum starts moaning her stomach is still hurting i say to my sister maybe mum should go doctors if she has been having bad adominal craps for a week, my sister then tells me its just a sv*, to which I reply but she has not d* or v* at which point my sister says she has v* at work in the week but didnt tell me.

So I am doomed, ive been popping to see my mum at home in the week so either already have it, or picked it up today from my sister.

Start the 72hours countdown now and let the panic commence :'(

Default Re: Panic stations at the ready :(

Anyone out there?

I know if I say don't panic, you will inevitably panic so I'm going to say, ride out the panic as best as you can and think not about being s* but think about overcoming this panic period and the relief you will feel after the safe zone! Remember that panic magnifies the reality by 100x worse!!!!

If your mom is still sick and cramping, she really should she a doctor, most stomach viruses do not last that long.

Wel I managed to make it through the night, 20 hours down!!

I've calmed down slightly! The night seems the worst part for me however I hate it all!

I said that to my mum but my sister said the cramping lasts weeks :S

I've had some biscuits to eat, something basic, going out with my mum today, hand washing at the ready!!

I know how you feel. I hate when someone in my family get sick,especially cause I still live with them. And I think your sister should tell you first she was sick.
    I hope you won't get sick!

I'm hoping Im okay but feeling nauseas now

I think Im clear from catching anything from my mum, its just a case of catching anything from my sister yesterday morning, so between now and tomorrow night is the most likely time

Relax! Just because your two family members have it doesn't mean you have it. Also, just because you didn't wash your doesn't mean you have it either. I'll bring in a personal experience here...
    When I was at the beach with my family, we were all sharing food and living in the same house together. A few members of my family got a stomach bug while we were there. The rest of us didn't get it.
    Another experience...
    I drank after someone who vomited and didn't get sick.
    Another experience...
    A suspected-to-be sick waitress served my family and I food and none of us got sick.

So trust me, there is no guarantee that you'll get this virus. This nausea you're experiencing now is just from panicking. Drink sips of cold water, place a cold rag on your head, and just relax. Maybe even sit outside (preferrably in the night time) and listen to the birds. Go on a night walk also to calm yourself. Going on a walk with someone who understands your phobia helps also; just talk to them about why you're scared.

So its been 72 hours since I was with my sister, thought I was safe but got stomach pains now and feeling sick :'(

Please dont say its time!!

are you sure it's sv*?
    Maybe you making yourself that way. I have made myself that way last summer when my brother had some sv*, I was so freaked out that I felt n* and I though I will v*,but everything was ok,uh.
    I hope you didn't catch a bug!
    Calm down,breathe and distract yourself somehow!
    Hope you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    are you sure it's sv*?
    Maybe you making yourself that way. I have made myself that way last summer when my brother had some sv*, I was so freaked out that I felt n* and I though I will v*,but everything was ok,uh.
    I hope you didn't catch a bug!
    Calm down,breathe and distract yourself somehow!
    Hope you'll be fine
    Well I had dinner and didn't v* surely I would have done by now :S

that's good,i'm glad to hear that. Are you calmed now?

Sounds like you made it through. Have you been able to calm yourself yet?

Its now been 96 hours, surely I'm safe now?

Im still panicing getting nausea on and off :/

i'm sure you're safe now and i'm glad you're ok. Just stop to panick,everything will be ok

Just come to go to bed and got sudden n* and feeling like I'm going to v* surely I should be in the clear now

how do you feel now?

Feel horrible haven't been s* yet but got a gurgling tummy and feel n* laying in bed dreading going to sleep but so tired

just calm down,it's been too long since you've been with your sister,you're safe now!

Anxiety can give a person nausea as well. If you're nervous, it can make you feel all sorts of sick. You should definitely be in the clear now, try and take your mind off it with something you enjoy! I find books or video games help me, sometimes TV shows too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.