Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My mother has v*

Every sunday we go up to my parents for sunday lunch. Today my mother was in bed cos she had suddenly v*. She had been in the middle of preparing lunch when it happened, she dropped everything & rushed to bathroom to v*. I went up to see if she was awake but she was sleeping & looked grey!! Obviously I chose not to eat my lunch but my 20 year old daughter just shrugged it off & ate hers saying if we're gonna catch it its already too late as we'd been touching things since we'd got there! Im stressing out. My mother is also emet and in almost 40 years I think she has only v* twice. Ive washed my hands since coming home but Im scared. Ive got such a busy week ahead of me and obviously a sv* would be hell. What do you think my chances are?

Default Re: My mother has v*

Oh wow you're poor mum, and you of course with the worry of it. I think your chances are very slim because if it was a virus then you could only catch it from her sick or poop, neither of which you were exposed to, and nor was your daughter from the food, especially as you washed your hands. I hate the thought of things coming on all of a sudden like that.I hope it was just a one off thing and she is feeling better soon xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sorry for your mother, you said she's an emet too,so this must be tough for her. I hope you and your daughter won't get sick. You did great not eating lunch, I would do the same. So, I hope you daughter didn't catch a bug eating lunch be positive. I know it's hard,but try..let us know what happend

Thanks to you both. I rang to check up on her about 7 hours later & she was still in bed but hadnt v* again thankfully. She sounded awful and said she felt ill all over but had managed to eat a couple of spoonfuls of cereal. Yeah it was scary how quickly it came on but dont know whats worse really. However it happens would just be like the end of the world to me!! Ive got day off work tomorrow & am planning to go into the city to look for a new outfit for an event I have to attend next sunday. It about a 50 min bus ride away, then tuesday I have to have 2 teeth out, then I have to work alone for next 4 days cos the other receptionists are both on hols so there would be no-one to cover me if the worse was to happen, then finally next sunday I have to travel on a 6.5 hour train journey to an event on behalf of my sister who died of a brain tumour last november. As I said in my orignial post Ive got a really busy week ahead & worrying about this is something I could do without.

You do sound busy. You dont have time to get sick but you also cant let your body get run down just in case its fighting the bug....IF its a sv at all. You cant be sure. Especailly if she ate cereal after. Was that with or without milk? She might have just eaten something that didnt agree with her. And of course she is going to feel ill all over, she is an emet. Its the worse thing on the world for her so she probably feels like its the end of the world. Keep your strength up. Eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.