Hello all! I'm supposed to be going to the doctors for anxiety sometime this upcoming week and I'm excited for it yet concerned. The reason I'm excited is because it will make my anxiety go away for the most part; but I'm concerned because I've heard about the side effects that antidepressants have. The only one I'm afraid of is the v* (of course). My mom and dad have both done antidepressants and they said that they didn't experience any side effects. I, myself, have only taken certain medicines like tylenol, ibuprofen, etc; but I never experience side effects. I've also taken two different ADD medicines. The first one made me depressed and lose my appetite so I got taken off of it. The second one (Adderall) which is what I'm on currently, gave me no side effects either. Except my mom believes that it could have somehow triggered all of this anxiety to erupt.
My mom tells me I won't get any side effects because it only happens to certain people, I've never experienced side effects, and because her and my dad didn't experience any. Annother reason she says I won't vomit is because she says that my family has "strong stomachs". Which, I suppose, we sort of do. It has been a long, long time since my family got v* sick.
So I ask, should I be concerned about v* while on antidepressants or do I have nothing to worry about?
(I've seen people use v* rather than the actual word...I'm not sure if that's a rule here or not so I just used it anyway)