Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy New to this site... Severe Emetophobia

Wow- I am so happy I found a FREE site to discuss this! My name is Samantha and I have twin daughters who are three years old. Since I was 14 and experimented with drugs, I have had a phobia of v*. When I was 14 I was in bed for three months and would not leave my house unless absolutely necessary. After those three months, I seeked counselling and found help through CBT and medication. Now at age 22, my phobia has come back hard. Two months ago I caught the flu from my daughters. This was the first time I had the flu since I was 6. I v* once during the night a couple of months ago and have been struggling ever since. I go through 3/4 of a pack of gravol a day. I am unable to care for my kids when they have the flu. I constantly feel as though I am ill and have the flu. I can't do the things I want to do. It's overpowering my life. Help!

Default Re: New to this site... Severe Emetophobia

bump bump

It sounds like you need some more antidepressants. A lot of it is also in your head. Just keep reminding yourself that these symptoms that you feel are in your head. Hope this helped!

i think we all have our ups and downs, maybe you could start therapy again. maybe you could force yourself little by little to doa bitmore everyday. i went through periods where all i did was lie in bed and only got up to feed my kids. if you cant do it for yourself then do it for your kids. they need you.