Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Women only please very worried about pregnancy and v

I'm on birth control trinessa and my period is always the same but I'm on the dark green week where I should be starting my period any time now and I'm 2 days into that week and I had cramps two days ago but no blood and I'm freaking out and I'm scared of getting sick and I'm so worried about this I know that this isn't entirely about emet but i would really appreciate anyone with advice I'm really scared and I'm worried about being pregnant before I'm ready but I'm more afraid of getting sick too thanks so much to anyone who responds

Default Re: Women only please very worried about pregnancy and v

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    I'm on birth control trinessa and my period is always the same but I'm on the dark green week where I should be starting my period any time now and I'm 2 days into that week and I had cramps two days ago but no blood and I'm freaking out and I'm scared of getting sick and I'm so worried about this I know that this isn't entirely about emet but i would really appreciate anyone with advice I'm really scared and I'm worried about being pregnant before I'm ready but I'm more afraid of getting sick too thanks so much to anyone who responds
    I'm not sure which birth control pill you are taking, but is it one of the tri-phasic ones where you take different strengths of pill for each of the three weeks? Anyway as to your question, if you've not missed any pills, or taken any other risks such as taking antibiotics then I doubt you are pregnant, but obviously no method is 100% so please don't just take my word for it, I'm just saying that I think the risk would be very low. I used to take birth control pills and I know ocassionally I would skip a period (and not be pregnant) it just happens. I can understand that you are very worried and I think the best thing to do would be a pregnancy test, honestly it's the best way and the only way of finding out for sure. Otherwise if you are anything like me you will just stress about this. I hope this all works out ok for you.

How long have you been on the pill? Do you always take it at the same time every day? Do you usually get your period by the second day of placebo pills? If you're taking the pill correctly, there is very little chance that you are pregnant. Take a deep breath, I wouldn't worry unless your period doesn't start before the end of the placebo week.

There is a week of blue pills and a week of white pills and a week of green pills for my period but it just says the colors are to help tell the difference between the weeks and they are all the same strength. And the reason I'm so scared is because I've been on this pill for a year and a half and my period has always been the same predictable thing but I guess anything can happen. Thanks sp much for responding

I've been on it for over a year and never ever used condoms and i try to take it around 6pm but sometimes I'm a few hrs late, which I try hard to remember but I don't freak out cus last year once I was twelve hrs late and had sex that same night and was fine but I try to make sure I'm in within like a three hr range because the directions don't say anything bad about that unless you are more than 24 hrs late, which I never was. And i usually get my period the first or second day but i also usually have horrible cramps the whole day before I start and I had cramps two days ago and that's it

id say if you're taking the pills everyday,there is a very very little chance that you would be pregnant..and you know, your mind can play tricks on you! If you stress too much about missing your period,it can make you miss it...I've heard of women desperately wanting to be pregnant and ending up having all the symptpms but not being pregnant... relax! Your mind is a powerful thing!

Also, if you feel you need to set your mind at east, grab a pregnancy test and take it. I don't want to scare you, but I got pregnant with my son on the pill 21 years ago, and I recently found myself pregnant after my boyfriend had a vasectomy! It is possible, but not very likely. A test should set your mind at ease

I might do that. I had my period but it only lasted three days, which is very unusual for me... I know I'm on the pill but I've never done that before..any reason it might only last three days or am I freaking out over nothing like I usually am?