Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default does any music remind you of vting?

I know this will sound strange, but every time I hear the 50`s ballad " Love is a many splendid thing" I`m reminded of getting sick as a kid. I`ve always hated that song mainly because of that, & because it`s the theme of a very sad movie. 2 nights ago, I was watching an episode of St Elswhere on channel 4, & there`s a wedding where an accordianist plays that song, & half the guests go down with food poisoning. It was as if they`d been jinxed. I know that if I went to any social gathering, & that song was played I would not eat any of the food,& would most likely make a quick exit. Do any other members have any songs or sounds that trigger memories of vting?

Default Re: does any music remind you of vting?

One time a few months ago I woke up super sick and didn't v but came very close (coughing and retching and gagging) anyway I had this song that I really liked stuck in my head and it wouldn't go away. I woke up with it in my head and was sick with it in my head and it just seemed to make it worse for some reason. I feel like every time I've ever felt horribly sick I've had a busy, upbeat song stuck in my head, although I have songs stuck in my head all the time, it just made sense tht I would have THAT particular song while sick.... I don't know if tha made any sense buti hope it helps haha

Come on Eileen. I used to listen to it all the time and then during the time period when I was obsessed with it I got an sv*. Can't listen to that song anymore. Also, this is pretty obvious, but my sister has this horrible song on her ipod called "Puke." It starts with a soundtrack of someone doing just that. It is the most terrifying thing in the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, my father's mobile's ringtone, two horrible songs in Portuguese that has weird lyrics "Good morning, friend! Good morning, bro! Open a smile, and sing this song!" My father used to use this music to bother me before I got sick. Now I can't hear it.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh! what sort of idiot would want to make up a song about vting, & who would want to listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by katherines6 View Post
    Come on Eileen. I used to listen to it all the time and then during the time period when I was obsessed with it I got an sv*. Can't listen to that song anymore. Also, this is pretty obvious, but my sister has this horrible song on her ipod called "Puke." It starts with a soundtrack of someone doing just that. It is the most terrifying thing in the world.
    I believe you're thinking of the song by Eminem. Hairyfairy, it's not completely about vomiting. There's meaning to it, but it is pretty gross.
    Come visit my history blog:

"We will rock you" by Queen. The last time I got a SV, in 4th grade, the night before I had a violin concert and all the students played that song. Everytime it comes on, I think of it, but I can still listen to it. And sing along. I'm not too superstitious about it anymore lol

Any rap. Probably just because the genre is capable of causing nausea.
    In reality though, I don't really have any now, but I remember when I was in grade two I would listen to my Josie and the Pussycats CD over and over and over...it was the only piece of music I had other than my Aqua tape, and after months of only listening to it I always got this head ache and my stomach would start to trouble me. Other than that, I personally don't associate any songs with being sick because...I don't think I was ever really listening to music before I got sick. If I had, I can't remember it.

"Secret Message" by Rasputina. I had bought the album that its on the day it happened, and that song was stuck in my head while I had an SV. Now when I hear it, I instantly feel n* and have to change it! I hate that!