Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: Genderless Names

What's your favourite genderless name?

Default Re: OT: Genderless Names

Ashley/Ashleigh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is gonna sound obvious but Casey/Casey or Kasey. My boyfriends name is Casey and I love his name. Even though he hates it lol

Rowan. I love the name. More for a girl though probably. But cute for a boy, maybe spelled differently.

Charlie/Charley and Dylan.

Thanks for the suggestions! I used to LOVE Casey..... until Casey Anthony. Now when I hear that name, I think of her! ugh!

What about Peyton? Is that too girly for a boy?

Quote Originally Posted by out_of_order View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! I used to LOVE Casey..... until Casey Anthony. Now when I hear that name, I think of her! ugh!
    I never even thought of that. Hm, It still doesn't change my opinion of the name. She's so insignificant and a disgrace.

I worked with a man named 'Sandy' and I really liked his name!

There is no such thing as a genderless name. As soon as a formerly masculine name gains traction among females, parents stop naming boys that name and it becomes a feminine name. Look at Kelly, Meredith, Sandy. These were once masculine names. When is the last time a boy has been given one of them?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    There is no such thing as a genderless name. As soon as a formerly masculine name gains traction among females, parents stop naming boys that name and it becomes a feminine name. Look at Kelly, Meredith, Sandy. These were once masculine names. When is the last time a boy has been given one of them?

Doug
    That's true, there's a male soap character here called Sandy but he's in his 70's/80's and my friends husband is called Kim but he's in his 50's. I don't think it's fashionable for boys to have a name with any feminine connotations these days is it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post

Doug
    That's not entirely true. What about Tony/Toni or Sam or Charlie. I'm sure there's more. Sure, the spelling may change slightly in some cases but it's the same name used for boys and girls even today.

My nephew is 5, his name is Kelly. That's the last time I heard of that.

And, my daughter is 12, her name is Logan. I also have a girl Peyton, who was name after Peyton Manning-he's so not girly.

I know a Kerri and a Kelly, both men.

Addison is another cute name.

You may find these links helpful!

Ooooohhhh I just found one I love - Parker!

Donna, you're right about Peyton Manning lol.

I like Charlie a lot. and i like Jeri. My mom's name is Jeri. she was named after my grandpa Gerry (her dad) who died before she was born in the war. if i ever have children im going to name my first child Jerry, spelled just like that. It makes me think of the world jolly so it seems like a happy name. ^.^ I would also want to name one of my girls Charlie (that's my Boppie's name) but my cousin already called it for her future kids LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    I worked with a man named 'Sandy' and I really liked his name!
    My ten year old brother's name is Aleksandr (spelled really weirdly xD) and we call him Sandy. I like the name too. :3

Reagan. Jacey. Hmm... I am not aware of many genderless names!
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

My daughter's name is Dana, and I guess it can be used for boys also. There was a 49er football player named Dana Stubblefield! And of course Dana Carvey...

I know this is a bit late but...

Eh, what the heck I'll contribute too

I really like the name Aubrey
    Everything will be alright in the end: If it is not alright, it is not the end.

Jean! It's my sisters middle name, after my Grandpa Gene!

Leslie, Shelby, Kelly, Alex, Joey, Brett

When is the last time a male has been named Leslie or Kelly or a female has been named Brett?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Um, I knew a man called Leslie, he's my friend's stepdad. Also, I've known one or two boys in the last few years with the name Kelly.
    Come visit my history blog:

I knew a boy named Kelly. I also know a boy named Ashley. Actually, I've known two male Ashley's. One in my neighborhood growing up, and one is my best friend's brother. I'm in my early 20s, so I don't think it's a case of the name previously being masculine. I also know tons of girls named Ashley/Ashlee/Ashleigh. Ashton, as well.
    Shannon is one. Devin. Jordan. Newer names like Jaylen, Jaden, things like that. Raven is typically used for girls in the US, but typically used for boys in Europe. I've seen Koren for boys and girls.
    I actually knew a boy named Allison, once, too.

I know a female named Brett - she is around 38. And a few women named Shawn.

I love Shawn for girls. There was an american exchange student at my high school called Shawnie. She was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by out_of_order View Post
    That's not entirely true. What about Tony/Toni or Sam or Charlie. I'm sure there's more. Sure, the spelling may change slightly in some cases but it's the same name used for boys and girls even today.
    Generally with those names they are nicknames such as charlie from charlene, sam from samantha, etc...

I think they should bring back the name Esther, noone uses it anymore, and Eugene.... LOL!

There's an awesome pseudo-game I love called 'Dear Esther', and it made me fall in love with the name <3

Bobbie is a good one!