Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default should I worry??

so in my hometown the county fair just started yesterday.. I went with my girlfriend and towards the end last night we both had 2 tacos (same meat) and shared a funnel cake. Well apparently in the middle of the night last about 5-6 hours after we ate she got really sick just one time. I didn't know until she told me this morning. Should I be worried that I'm going to be sick too?? She said it could just be because she ate a lot and then laid down right when she got home. But I've felt fine so far, and we ate the same food! She hasnt gotten sick since that one time and its been about 6 hours since then. She says she feels fine. Could it have been a bug or something? Is it ok to go about our regular day? I mean like should i avoid kissing her or anything of that sort? for how long? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: should I worry??

I think you will be fine. If the food were bad you would have been sick by now. If she has/had a bug, it sounds mild. If it were me, I'd avoid kissing for a few days just to be safe. Also if it's a bug and she didn't have symptoms till after you parted ways then you are safe, too, because you aren't contagious till after symptoms appear.

thank you for replying! thats what I figured too I just kind of wanted somebody else reassurance. lol. I figured if it had been the food i would have been sick already as well. Maybe her stomach just didn't like it. I just don't wanna catch anything and wind up in the same boat.

And chances are she got sick from having heavy and greasy fair food and then going to bed. Hang in there, bud!

Quote Originally Posted by evajosmommy View Post
    And chances are she got sick from having heavy and greasy fair food and then going to bed. Hang in there, bud!
    I really hope thats all it was! She does have somewhat of a "weak" stomach sometimes. Thanks again!

I don't think you should worry about food poisoning or her having a bug...if it was a bug,she wouldn't feel "fine" right away...my guess is,if she has a sensitive stomach and ate the fair food, it was just her body saying "hey,I don't like this!" Hope you are doing okay!

She's been fine all day since it happened. Eating regularly and. It having any problems. Does that mean it couldn't have been a bug? Because I've still been worried about of she could be contagious or not.

I would think it was the food. A lot of people (me included) get very nauseated and even sick if they lay down to sleep after eating a heavy meal. It happened to me the other night after eating a TON of sushi and drinking two huge glasses of iced tea. I came home and fell asleep for an hour and woke up and felt sooooo ill! I was sure I had FP, but my friend who ate the same thing I did was absolutely fine, and I was absolutely fine once I fought the nausea for about an hour or so and took some Benadryl. I'm sure you will be just fine

If she had real food poisoning, you would have already been sick with it too. I think her body couldn't handle the tacos and the funnel cake. I once ate some "mini doughnuts" at a fair (same thing as a funnel cake). They sat like a ton of bricks and made me sick! Her illness seemed too mild to be a stomach virus. I think you should try to forget about it....and don't feed her anymore fair food.