Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do emets generally fear d? Not trying to be gross, just wondering

D has never bothered me at all I don't care at all if I get it usually as long as I'm not at work or something. When I was little I feared it the same way I feared v, but grew out of it for some reason. Whenever I get angry at my phobia I always desperately think why can't I just feel the same way about v as I do d? I was just curious as to if anyone else felt the same way, of if most others fear it like they do v

Default Re: Do emets generally fear d? Not trying to be gross, just wondering

The only problem for me is the association of it with v*. When I was a kid every time I got a bug I was sick from both ends at the same time. I must say as an adult, I normally just get the d* part of the bug and as long as it stays to just that, I'm happy as a lark! But I do still have that worry in the back of my head that if I have d* maybe I will end up v*.

I know how that is but almost every time I have d it's cus of some random thing I ate so I try not to worry

Yeah, I have definitely had d* on it's own rather than accompanied with v*. I had the bug a few weeks ago and did not v* but had a fever and was so weak and pale and crampy. I didn't freak at all because i didn't really feel like I was going to v*.

i'm not afraid of d* at all. It's been long since i had it for real and but it's better to have d* then v*,of course.

I kind of am scared of d* only because it still causes stomach discomfort which will stress me out into thinking i am going to v*... its really a mental thing. But V* is still my main fear

If I was scared of d* I think I would have a major problem b.c. I've had d* almost every day for the past 3 or so years. It doesn't really bother me unless I get stomach pain to accompany it. Otherwise I see it as a normal occurance T_T

In my opinion, I think*most*emets fear V and I don't know (or have heard of) many that fear d*. I hate d* but I would take that over V* any day! I had an SV last year and it was all d* and achiness, etc...but no V* and I managed to get through it just fine and not much panic because I wasn't really n* for much of it ...

I personally don't. I'm all up for my body cleaning itself up out if it wants to do it from there instead of upstairs.

I get scared when my stomach cramps up because I fear nausea

I get scared because of how I associate it with v*. If I know why I have d* then I am ok but I start to worry if it happens for no reason.

I'm like most here, I fear d because of associating it with v.

Well, I've been lactose intolerant since I was a little kid so d* has never bothered me. It doesn't trigger any nervous thoughts. I don't tend to associate it with v*.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I hate the thought of d in public, but vting anywhere is intolerable to me. It just seems totally unnatural for food to come back up, it`s supposed to keep going to the other end of the digestive tract, plus the taste is so gross.

i fear d because i worry its just leading up to v.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by pretendworld_ View Post
    I get scared because of how I associate it with v*. If I know why I have d* then I am ok but I start to worry if it happens for no reason.
    The same for me..if I KNEW that it was just *D and *V wasn't going to follow..I'd be just fine with it....

It never used to bother me in the slightest, as ai laways thought it was a good thing to have it as whatever it was that had upset my system had got past the stomach and therefore couldn't then be s* however when i learnt i can be a precursor to the start of an sv* i now fear it just as much as v*, not the actual act itself, that is fine i would rather have d* for 24 hours straight than v* once but it is the worry about what it may turn into that is frightening. That and the fact that if i am trapped on the loo with d* and started v* then i would have to v*indoors which is just even more terrifying as i want to be outside not matter what the weather if a m going to be s*

I never was-- my IBS symptoms used to be d* every single time I ate, so I was totally used to it. My symptoms are now more gassy / indigestion / grumbly feelings (changes during & after pregnancy?), so I'm not as used to it AND the last time I v* last October was the first time I have ever had Noro and it started with severe d*, so now it makes me really nervous :/ Only because I feel like v* may be next (even though in 31 yrs, that has only happened that ONE time... Never said it was rational lol ).

It depends on the type. Loose stool and really loose stool don't bother me. The nasty liquid fire diarrhea freaks me out just because it feels so disgusting. It's not a panicky freak out, it's more like "Holy crap that was unpleasant! Uck!" I used to get anxiety diarrhea a lot, so on its own it really doesn't bug me.

It's hard to tell though, because some people consider anything looser than normal to be diarrhea, and some people only consider liquid stool to be such.

You may find these links helpful!

Im not at all worried by d*. It might alarm me that I have it and that that can lead to something more, or that it could be that it's a precursor to a sv*. But the d* itself doesn't bother me

Used to be scared of just letting d* happen, for some odd reason :S. But I'm not nope.

I am! I've actually developed almost a phobia of going to the bathroom now because of it

I fear it to an extent, but not as bad as I used to. When I was a child I used to fear it so bad as I associated it with *v that I used to hold in my poo. Luckily I grew out of that, but I can now only go to the toilet about once a week. As I have IBS which alternates between constipation and diarrhoea I sort of got used to having diarrhoea. I still need to know WHY I have it and do worry that it may be the start of an *sv, but it is not so bad as to say I am scared. I can rationalise it in my mind and can then just get it over with.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

I have IBS-D, so I think I've become used to frequent bouts of d. In a weird psychological way I find it 'comforting' in relation to v, thinking 'well whatever it is, it's past my stomach'

Got to love phobia logic...

Im afraid of it because I relate it to being Sick:/ unless i know i have it for a diff reason, like antibiotics or stress, or monthly female issues
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I can't separate the two. Everytime I get d* or urgent bowels, I'm hit with a hot flash and rush of nausea. Every time. Happens when I take a laxative/enema, when I'm legitimately sick or when I eat something I shouldn't (too much dairy). The fear comes from how awful those three symptoms feel when they hit at the same time. Also, d* tends to burn and feel unpleasant all around (sorry if graphic).

If others have d*, I worry that it might be a symptom of something worse. It's more like a secondary fear.

I think I'm more afraid of diarrhea than I am of vomit

I fear other people's diarrhoea (even in a shared toilet) because it can contain norovirus or certain harmful bacteria (if that's the cause). I don't fear having diarrhoea myself if I know it's not to do with an infection but if it is, then my only worry is that it is a sign that I'm going to vomit or suffer from nausea!

but when i have d* i don't worry i will v* unless it was like (and hopefully not) both came on at same time ? maybe im just recovering but im sure ive never associated v* with d* and i have had the both at once:S. odd.