Annie, thanks for doing research that contributes to our understanding of vomiting.

But please don't hold yourself up next to us as an emetophobe. On your web site you write, "Before I had children ... I didn't like to throw up but I never worried about it ... Although, I don't like to vomit, what I am really afraid of is being too sick to take care of my children." Emets are not people who "don't like to vomit." We worry about it constantly. We worry about it when we're nauseated and when we're not nauseated and when we haven't been nauseated in 20 years. We're terrified of it. We refuse to do it. Some of us claim we'd rather die than vomit.

I called you out because your original post in this thread revealed just by its language that you aren't emet. Exploring your web site only confirmed that further. Not every person who has the slightest fear of vomiting is emet. Being emet is different from merely thinking "I don't wanna throw up" for 10 minutes while you're nauseated. Emetophobia is an excessive and/or irrational fear of vomiting.

I wish you would take that into account in developing your web site.

Doug

P.S. @Olschesky - Don't expect me to be warm and fuzzy 24/7. There is room on this board for more than one communication style.