Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fish?

Unhappy Fish?

So, I was feeling weird all day. Not n* but not hungry, which always causes concern for me. I started to feel hungry a little while ago, and we were having fish for dinner. Haddock, more specifically. I only finished eating a very thin, about 3 inch long piece, when I heard my mom say that it wasn't cooked right. It was supposed to be white, and it was a little grey. I have started freaking out and refuse to eat the rest of the fish. It's a shame too because I love fish and I thought I was okay since I started feeling better too. Now I'm terrified I'm going to get fp*, and I have a lot to get done tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if this will make me s*?? I'm scared to eat anything else, or go to sleep tonight fearing that I'll wake up s* :/
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: Fish?

Probably not. If it was so easy getting sick from eating raw fish, Asian people wouldn't survive (sushi and similars).
    "Feeling weird". Describle, please. Maybe you were just tired. Perhaps you'll get a cold. Maybe, maybe, maybe!
    Sorry. I know how you feel, but sometimes we need something like the line above to get better.

Oh, and you MAY get sick sleeping or not sleeping. And as you said, you have a lot to get done tomorrow. So STAND UP and take a DEEP BREATH. When it's time, GO TO BED. Everything will be fine. IF you were going to get sick, you would have gotten within one hour after you ate the fish.

Sorry about the explosion, just trying to help.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's possible my feelings today were due to tiredness. I didn't get much sleep. By feeling weird, I meant that I just wasn't hungry at all, and when I did eat a very very tiny amount of something I'd get a stomach ache. Not n*, but just a stomach ache. Which it very odd for me so that's why I consider it weird I suppose lol. I'm calming down because it was a small amount. If I keep my mind off it, I'm hoping for the best. Thank you for your reply

The thing about seafood is that if you are going to get food poisoning, it is generally fast, like within 1/2 to an hour after eating, so if it has been that long then you are fine!

It sounds like you will be ok. You have to remember that most FP*'s from seafood is from a contaminated piece of fish and not necessarily from undercooked fish. If the fish is contaminated no amount of cooking will eliminate that. Also - symptoms from food poisoning are normally a little longer than a 1/2 hr. It can take anywhere from 2-12hrs. I have gotton FP from clams 3x and every time it was 8-10hrs. I know everyone is different and there may be cases where it settles in within 1-2hrs.

However in OP case, a slightly undercooked piece of Haddock shouldn't pose too much a risk for FP. I think you should be fine

I had *fp once from turkey (it was in and out of the fridge all day) and this was about... 4 years ago. I felt symptoms in like... 3 hours and didn't v* but I gagged twice and was very gassy and burped alot! Mild to no d*. I was okay. But felt incredibly bloated with water for 3 to 4 days which was the worst part!
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Thank you all for the reply's
    I haven't felt anything out of the ordinary, so I'm crossing my fingers it's okay.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."