Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just got puked on, on bus

I haven't realised how much I have improved, since I was sick in May, I was sitting next to this oldly gentleman on bus, who was telling me.how he just gone down with a nasty belt of sickness and D, and was just on way to dr, normally if someone told me that, I wouls freak and move seats, but I wasn't scared at all, was more worried about the old man, then he went really and said he felt sick, next thing my jeans felt warm, and i realised i had been vomited on, but still the old bloke was really apologetic to me, I didn't feel fear, but sympathy for the old bloke, so I made sure, that he got to drs, than I asked him if there was anyone I could call for, and he said his daughter, so waited for her to arrive,, very proud of myself... I am not even worried if I catch it, because i know there a lot worse things out there.

Default Re: Just got puked on, on bus

You go!!! That is SO awesome!!!

Wow, i would say you are pretty much cured if this is how you are handling this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I guess I just realised, there was no need panic, and it was old man that was sick not me, so I turned my attention to him, and also since I vomited for the first time in 34 years, kinda understand more about my body and phobia.

You handled it better than I think even most people who never had emet would have. That is so awesome
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

omg,you're great! That's so encouraging i hope one day i will get to that level (Y)

Hi Zombie, how did you get to this level?

I am almost crying at just reading your post

Good for you, Zombie!
    You seem to have come a long way with your emet......maybe finally you have kicked emet's ass once and for all!

Wow!!! Just have to say, what is it with old men vomiting these last few days?? lol

But seriously, I commend you for being as calm as you were. I would have probably freaked out....not to make the man feel bad or anything, but would have freaked more or so in my head. He could be vomiting for other reasons as well.

I am very proud of you that you stuck around for him to get to the doctors office and that you were able to call his daughter for him...way to go a big pat on the back!!

That is so nice of you to put him before yourself - something most people without emet wouldn't have done these days - and help him out. I'm sure he and his family really appreciate it. You're a really good person and should be very proud of yourself. I'd say you're well over your emetophobia, wouldn't you? Congratulations!!!

I wouldn't say I am over it, but a having abit understanding, on how my body works when vomiting, helped, and comming to understand that vomiting isn't my enemy, my mind is, how I saw it and what made deal with it, was the fact, that old bloke must of felt 10 times worse, than me, and hope that if I was ever in that situation somebody would be just as understanding with me.

You are amazing to me right now! I am so happy to see that you are so progressed with this dumb emet

That is awesome! That is huge I would run away if it were one of my kids! I wish I could handle like you did! That is great and you should be so proud of yourself!

Wow congrats!!!! I wish I could say I would have handled it the same, but I'm not sure if I would have!! Good for you for helping the man out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

How nice I got a thank you card from the old gentleman, i helped the day, he didn't have virus, he had allergy to something he ate, I wasn't worried about that, but as long as he is ok. glad it all worked out

Wow, what an interesting thank you card to write! Good for you for staying so calm and how nice of the old man to thank you!

That is so great - good for you! On my bus ride home a few weeks ago someone puked next to me and I freaked, and my emet isn't even that bad anymore. Really awesome for you.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

UGH! I`d have freaked out if that were me! why do people do that when all they have to do if they really must v, is turn away from the person next to them. I could never v on someone, no matter how ill I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    UGH! I`d have freaked out if that were me! why do people do that when all they have to do if they really must v, is turn away from the person next to them. I could never v on someone, no matter how ill I felt.
    He may not have had time Sometimes it comes on very very sudden, especially in an allergic reaction.

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post

I don't think he did it on purpose, unfortunatly these things, happen, it was out of his control, and I am sure if you where in his situation, you would like the same kind of compassion, rather than someone looking at you in revolt, vomiting ain't pleasant, but that how it should be, it's your mind telling you there something wrong with ya body, you seem to treat vomiting like it's some kind of enemy, reason I am able to start to move forward with my phobia, i am trying to understand it, as natural function, like beathing, instead of an entity that trying to destroy me, I am able to go out and enjoy life slowly, been out for a few meals, got drunk, which was great, just booked my first holiday abroad