Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Some encouragement would be great new here

Hi I am a 35 year old mum of two. And have suffered from emetophobia for as long as I can remember. I have in the past seen hypnotist and physcs but with not alot of success. I feel I have been able to control my panic attacks for a few years. But last night was a nightmare !

My first daughter was sick on Saturday morning and is still not well, and my 2nd daughter was sick last night. They were one off with high temps etc, but of course as you know it makes no difference. I am petrified to catch ! So much so that I had no sleep last night and felt like I suffered an anxiety attack all through the night. Even made myself have d* this morning ! My husband is not very supportive he says it is up to me to get it out of my head but when I am in fright and flight, nothing helps ????

The feeling I have today is dreadful like aches and tiredness and my belly feels so full but I am also on antiobiotics at the moment so it could be making it feel that way? I feel so upset with myself for letting myself get to this point again and it brings back dreadful memories of when I used to have panic attacks all the time is the achy part of post panic attack.

Went to the Dr just before and she said yes been going around the girls shouldn't be contagious now, and normally if the 2nd comes down with it everyone else does at the same time ! Just needed a vent and wanting to know if any one has felt this way and a few tips ? Ever grateful

Default Re: Some encouragement would be great new here

Hello there, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry your daughters aren't feeling well. You can avoid catching whatever they have by staying healthy. Eat well, stay hydrated and keep your hands clean and away from your face. There's no reason you have to catch it. The antibiotics could definitely be making you feel crappy, but so can anxiety. Both things are pretty stressful for the body.

I hope you're doing okay and hanging in there
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you for your support ! Seems we are all okay here and looking forward to a nice weekend of sun ! I called the Dr and she said to get off the antibiotics I was nearly finished any way, but may stay in my body for a little while longer. She also stated that that particular type brought on anxiety ! Go figure, anyway up and up I say. Thanks again x

For what it's worth, I have never caught anything from my daughter when she's been sick and I've been right there with her while she was vomiting, cleaned her and it up with my bare hands, no gloves, and I didn't even use bleach because I didn't want her inhaling that especially while she was sick (figured it might nauseate her more). To further comfort her, I would let her sleep in my bed cuddled up to me and once she vomited on my hair. Not once did I ever catch anything from her. I think that's because most adults have a high immunity to the common childhood viruses and things kids get because we all got them when we were kids. So please try to keep that in mind. I know it's SO HARD to believe anything other than "OMG I'm doomed!" when you're actually in the situation, but I'm willing to bet most parents here have never (or very rarely) caught anything from their children.

Thank you that does make sense. But I am sitting here in bed unable to sleep as my gut is so raw from these antibiotics and have had diarreah again twice tonight which always leads me to panic and think have I got a bug !!!!!