Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need SERIOUS advice

Ok so this all started with getting my girls' ears pierced at the mall. I then went on to read that it's dangerous and they could become ill from it which totally sparked my anxiety and guilt in a way I have never experienced. At the moment, after hours online reading and researching about the little ear piercing guns they use at Piercing Pagoda, my anxiety attacks are minutes apart, I'm so nauseated from it that I can't move and I'm in a moment of desperation I have never felt before. The thoughts that are in my head should NOT be there although they are and I'm panicking so bad I don't know what to do. Although I have been through hell most my life, and unfortunately self-injure, I have never had 'suicidal' thoughts before this. What scares me is that not even I know why I'm thinking it. I know that 'suicidal talk' is NOT something for this site, but I really need the support from people I trust and who can somewhat understand what I'm going through. All started from ear piercings, geesh I am seriously in need of a straight jacket :/ Please if anyone reads this, please help me. I'd appreciate it with my whole heart. <3 Amanda <3

Default Re: Need SERIOUS advice

Why would she get sick from having her ears pierced at the mall? I had my daughter's ears pierced at the mall without a problem. Try distracting yourself to get your mind off your obsessive thoughts and try taking something that relaxes you if you have anything on hand - even over-the-counter motion sickness meds are good for this. Or have a glass of wine. Just a little something to help take the edge off so you can relax enough to distract yourself by watching a good movie, reading a good book, listening to your favourite music, etc.

I don't think you can get sick from ear piercings... ive gotten mine pierced two times and i was perfectly fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think it's the horror stories I have been reading online about ear piercing guns being unsanitary and 'people' warning that they can pass infectious diseases. I know millions of people take their kids to malls, I had mine done there when I was a baby, but when you read that crap it can be super powerful to an anxious mind. I have Ativan to take, which I hate taking because they make me zombieish <---not a word :/ but they work. Idk, I guess just another case of internet panic maybe? Thanks so much for responding.