Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New and n*

Unhappy New and n*

Hello everybody! I signed up on this website 6 years ago and today just figured out how to get back on! (Pretty silly, I know) Anyways I am so thankful to be on here and get support from people who go through what I go through! Most people think I'm nuts, but I have anxiety disorder and usually have panic attacks a couple times a day. My main panic is over v*ing and for some wonderful reason i have had stomach problems for about 10+ years. They say now that they think it is just Acid Reflux so I am on medication for that and take tums and other OTC as well when needed. Still makes me feel n* everyday. At least once everyday. It stinks!! I can usually deal with it but sometimes I get a huge bout of sickness and then my panic sets in and i shake and just think i am going to v*.

On with why I am writing right now, my boyfriend was sick on Tuesday, thought he just had food poisoning. He was v*ing all day and had a fever. Everything was fine the next day even though i was still worried that i was going to get sick from him, and i woke up this morning to extreme n*. As i ran upstairs frantically to get ginger ale when i got to the bottom i just started to gag and to v*. My panic was full blown and I was a mess crying and shaking, felt fine after, it was just a little bit though nothing big. About an hour later i started getting very n* again and knew it was going to happen, but tried my hardest to clench my teeth together and tell myself not to and that i would be alright. It was terrible and lasted for about 5 minutes then i was okay again for a couple minutes, and it snuck up on me and i started v*ing again. After that time I felt alot better, felt very sleepy and sat in bed for a while. I fell asleep quite quickly, and woke up 2 hours later. Felt alright, and fine most of the day. Didnt eat anything but drank water and gatorade a little at a time. Finally decided to eat an hour ago and had a few bites of a plain salad and half of a plain waffle and feel n* again. Not to the point where I'm going to v* but I can definitely panic myself into it. I know everyone v* and even us emets v* so I wanted to get some advice on what you guys do and how you deal when you're sick. I just have made some chamomile tea, I read that that's supposed to help. I also am prescribed Zofran, Compozine, and Ativan which I can take when I feel n*. Of course they didnt work this morning though.

Anyways, I would be greatful for your input!!

Default Re: New and n*

I'm glad you made it throught
    I haven't v* for 9 years so I don't know how would I handle it :S
    I just don't want to think about it but I know one day it will happend but I know that I wouldn't know what to do.
    Oh, I just can't imagine that!