Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has anyone eer had an Ovarian Cyst?

I know their common and most are harmless, but I have been experiencing dull pain and mild discomfort for about the last week. My period is coming up and my symptoms seem to match that of an ovarian cyst. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and get a appointment asap, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had any noticeable symptoms of them or what you're experience has been? I am a bit nervous, especially when I'm paranoid and convince myself I'm going to have eery symptom, one of which is n* and v*:/
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: Has anyone eer had an Ovarian Cyst?

I was just diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome last year, so I know what you're going through. I haven't experienced any pain from the cysts, however my period got A LOT worse after I was diagosed. Right now it's fine because I'm taking Spirix, which is a kind of hormone regulating pill, but before I used to get really bad periods that could last up to 4 weeks. I also had to use super+ tampons together with super+ pads.

Most people don't even notice if they have cysts, except maybe when trying to get pregnant. My Gynecologist tells me it can be more difficult to get pregnant. Most likely it is just a harmless cyst but it's definitely worth checking out, especially since you are experiencing some discomfort.

It is possible to get a "ovarian scraping" where the cyst(s) are scraped out. It can be painful and usually not recommended as they can come back shortly after having been removed anyway. Good luck!
    Last edited by nagisa; 07-22-2012 at 07:56 PM.

I have them. During the week leading up to my period I have horrible cramping and an aching back. I can definitely tell when they're about the rupture, too. I feel for you if this is what you have. Hope it turns out OK!

Thanks for you're replies
    I'm thinking is what it is, but I really hope not.
    lilwng, just out of my own curiosity, if you don't mind that is, how can you tell if they are about to rupture? I only found the warning signs of if they already had.

I can usually tell because the pain really starts to intensify. Usually I will only feel it on my left side, otherwise I'd suspect my appendix. Sometimes I get dizzy and sweaty, other times I feel nauseous. When it pops it's a sharp stabbing pain. Awful...

I can imagine :/
    Mine is on my right side but it hasn't intensified so I've dropped the appendicitis suspicions atm. And it seems to lower than most appendicitis cases.

My aunt has had them. She is a weak stomached person and has never v* from them so your good on that! BUT I would get it checked just to be safe (: She said there was irregular pain and discomfort there even having sex was uncomfortable.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~