Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default son v* having a panic

Hi all,
    sorry for psting this and i dont even know i am posting it in the right place but not to long ago my son woke me up saying he has a sore tummy, he seemed fine after passing some wind and went back to bed for about 15 mins i couldnt go back to sleep so stayed up then he calls me saying he is scared and im like go to the bathroom and that when his dad took over i called my mum and she tried to calm me down but she wasnt very helpful so i hung up and now im sure im doomed and that this is not the end of it. Im so scared that we are all going to catch it that im busting to go to the toilet but am holding it............... i reall know this is irrational but reall i can not help all the thought that are flying around in my head sooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooo sorry if i posted in the wrong place or have posted somethin offensive i really am but im just so freaked out right i now my logic has gone walkie bouts so again sorry if i have offended or posted in the wrong place

Default Re: son v* having a panic

You've posted in the right place so don't worry! I can fully understand what you are going through and it is horrible isn't it. First off though he might not even have anything catching and even if it is, you can avoid it by good hand hygiene. Please go for a wee! You will do yourself damage holding it in for too long! You seriously won't catch it by going in the bathroom, just make sure you wash your hands then turn the tap off with some loo roll then dry your hands on a clean towel.

All you need to do to sanitise the room he was sick in, is wipe all hard surfaces down with a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water, or use a surface spray containing benzalkonium chloride, i don't know what you get in Australia but here it it stuff like Dettol (in the US I think it is called Lysol?) Make sure your son washes his hands so he doesn't spread viral particles around the home and you will be ok. If it is any consolation both my fiance and son have had a tummy bug in the last couple of weeks and i never got it (although i admit i near enough had a nervous breakdown for a week worrying i would) and my son was actually sick on my arm while i was holding him. Try and keep it together, i find the bleaching process quite therapeutic and calming. Hope he is feeling better soon xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: son v* having a panic

Thank you so much for your well wishes i have since re bleached the bathroom again and been to the loo and my son is sound asleep like an angel. I feel extremly bad that i couldnt help my son when he needed me the most. I have been dreadin this day for the last few weeks it seems to be chasing me work, extended family and now home, our minds as emets kinda drive us insane to a point when we are faced with it (v*)