Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Starting to panic!

So my boyfriend has a bad back and it went out on him yesterday after he went to the gym to work out. His back goes out about twice a year and he is completely laid up. He has been laying on the floor for the past day, barely moving. Well, today I went out, had a massage and did a little shopping. I checked in with him a couple times and he was still in pain and has been taking Motrin 800 every 4-6 hours. Well when I got home about 2 hours ago he said he felt achy all over. He had a very low grade fever, 99.0 and was clammy and pale. He knows my fear very well and he said he didn't feel nauseous. Well about an hour ago I see him get up rather quickly and go to the bathroom. He comes out and he said he has to go to bed now. Well, my radar was immediately on and I followed him to the bedroom. He said, there is a good chance I'm going to v*. I asked if he had d* he said no, and he hasn't eaten anything since breakfast, over 12hrs ago, but he is extremely nauseous. This is literally the first time in the 7 years we've been together he's actually felt sick.

I'm nervous because he hasn't been able to barely stand, let alone shower or wash his hands. He can barely get up to pee because of his bad back. We've eaten the same things everyday. And he's touched everything I've touched. He doesn't think it's from the Motrin on an empty stomach, especially because he's achy. He's in bed now, but I keep waiting for the dreaded "Michele I need help I just v*". And I know he can't move fast enough to get to the toilet.

Now that I've vented, what are the chances this is a virus? We we're at his parents house all last week for a family reunion and we were around a ton of people. We've ate all the same things since Thursday. Is there a chance ths could be a virus? I had d* 3 times earlier, but I drank milk and I'm lactose intoralnt so I think that's why I felt bad. would a virus take this long to come on? It's been almost an hour since he said he felt sick and he hasn't been...yet. I'm just starting to panic a bit and I don't know if I should worry or not!

Default Re: Starting to panic!

If you had * that means you won't v* 'cause the bug is in your intestine. Put a rubbish next to him, just in case. Too much pain may lead to v*, yes, a friend of mine has this problem. Why don't you give him a non-v* pill?
    The best your boyfriend can do now is sleep. Tomorrow he'll be better.
    About the virus, I'm not a doctor, but I'm afraid yes. In May my father got sick on Friday and I only got sick on Sunday. If you are fine, then you are fine. You just have to worry about your boyfriend.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the reply. It's been 2 hours since he's gone to bed. He's sleeping in the other room and I'm hiding out so I don't hear anything just in case. You think I'm in the clear with him v*? He thought for sure he was going too, I rubbed his back for about 1/2hr then be said it was 50/50 he would. It's been 2 hrs since then and he's sleeping. I just don't think I'll ever sleep tonight cause I'm worried he'll wake up. My stomach hurts but like I have to go to the bathroom, but I think that's nerves. I'm actually hungry, but scared to eat, because I'm scared he's gonna v*. Ugh! I hate this!

how are the things now?

He made it thru the night, no v*. He says he feels better, but I think part of it is because he doesn't want to worry me. He asked for a cup of coffee so that's a good sign. Fingers crossed I'm in the clear!