Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need some advice and reassurance

Hiya everyone! i really need some reassurance
    my friend has been poorly on saturday about 11-12pm and v* on that night and this morning
    her sister and mum have had the same bug, the sister had it on wednesday but she didnt tell me about this!!
    I saw her on friday, but not that much, probably about 2 hours in total, up until 5pm

I did let one of my friends have a sip of my water bottle but i can't remember for the life of me which one it was, her or my other friend(who is fine atm)

I just don't know if i could have caught it off her or not and i am freaking out, been 2 days since ive seen her!
    i dont know when she could have been contagious and if anyone knows when incubation period is? i keep having panic attacks about everything.
    helpppp

(Sorry ive post this on the private one too by accident, obviously new to this, so if anyone knows how to delete a thread then please let me know too haha!)

Default Re: Need some advice and reassurance

YOU WONT GET IT!!!! Tell yourself that you won't get it... this has happened to me a million times- wash your hands. Don't touch your eyes, face, mouth... nothing. Spray lysol and open your windows to get all the germs out. You can do this!!!

Default Re: Need some advice and reassurance

From everything I've read, you can't catch a stomach flu (Rotavirs, E. coli, etc.) from saliva. Something about saliva being produced by the lymphatic system and stomach viruses being excreted in fecal matter and V. Also, from what I understand the maximum incubation period is 48 hours and you're well past that. You will most likely be just fine.