Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling relaxed... but a dodgy tummy?!

Sorry to post again in another moment of fear but I'm quite panicky and all confused.

This morning around 10.30am I had a really large bm* (sorry, gross, I know!). I put it down to nerves because I've been so bad recently and I was having a facial today and was getting worried about the 'feeling trapped' sort of thing.

I went for a coffee and a biscuit and tried to relax, which helped. I had my facial too, and while I was kind of nervous, afterwards I felt amazing! It really helped my nerves and made me feel better.

But then as I was walking home I got a gugrle in my tummy and I knew I would have d* soon.And I sure did when I got in! Anyway now I feel n*, have a headache and my tummy feels just strange and is making funny noises. I'm gutted because I felt so relaxed and was going to go out tonight as well but now I'm just not sure what to do.

Default Re: Feeling relaxed... but a dodgy tummy?!

Hi there!

Caffiene has this really strange effect on us. I used to be THE biggest Tea addict eve - seriously. I would only every drink english Breakfast Tea or water. However, my emet kicked in and all that chnged. Because I laid off of drinking anything bar water for months, when I went back to caffeine, it jolly well hurt my stomach! Like big time, bent over double the first time I drank a cuppa. Since then, I can allow myself one cup of caffeine a day, unless I want to feel crummy.

The reason I say this is because of your coffee. If you were feeling nervous enough as it was (I totally understand the trapped feeling), then the caffeine on top of your dodgy tummy this morning (also suspected to be anxiety) probably irritated it slightly, hence your d*. And, you will be feeling a bit crummy with your tummy now because it's almost like your stomach and gut in shock, because it came on so quickly it's probably still adjusting to what's happened.

You will be absolutely fine, just rest up for the remainder of the day and pamper yourself, remember how it felt when you were having your facial and relive that wonderful relaxed sensation. If you feel better tonight, go out and have some fun, just take it slowly and easy with your tum
    Everything will be alright in the end: If it is not alright, it is not the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphiba View Post
    Hi there!

Caffiene has this really strange effect on us. I used to be THE biggest Tea addict eve - seriously. I would only every drink english Breakfast Tea or water. However, my emet kicked in and all that chnged. Because I laid off of drinking anything bar water for months, when I went back to caffeine, it jolly well hurt my stomach! Like big time, bent over double the first time I drank a cuppa. Since then, I can allow myself one cup of caffeine a day, unless I want to feel crummy.

The reason I say this is because of your coffee. If you were feeling nervous enough as it was (I totally understand the trapped feeling), then the caffeine on top of your dodgy tummy this morning (also suspected to be anxiety) probably irritated it slightly, hence your d*. And, you will be feeling a bit crummy with your tummy now because it's almost like your stomach and gut in shock, because it came on so quickly it's probably still adjusting to what's happened.

You will be absolutely fine, just rest up for the remainder of the day and pamper yourself, remember how it felt when you were having your facial and relive that wonderful relaxed sensation. If you feel better tonight, go out and have some fun, just take it slowly and easy with your tum
    Thank you thank you thank you for your quick response, I needed to hear that.

I think I can agree with you on the caffeine front... plus it was soya and sometimes that can be a bit weird on my tummy too so I will try avoid it.

I'm resting up now on the sofa which is really nice, but we were going round friends for a take out tonight. Do you think I'll be okay? Thank you so much again x

You are perfectly welcome cherub

I think if you are feeling ok and you feel relaxed enough and keep everything under control, go for it. Go have fun, and don't let your anxiety stop you from having joy in your life. What kind of take out is it going to be? I would perhaps suggest some bread, or toast or even a teeny weeny bit of pasta or rice (So it doesn't fill you up) to just cushion your tummy after the caffeine, it'll help absorb all of the yukkyness you may be feeling, and will start the digestive system in order for you to enjoy your take out

Well done on keeping yourself calm, you're doing a great job

Howdy you

How're you feeling today? Did you go out last night in the end? Hope you're feeling better today!