Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Tummyache Anxiety, But Not V- Related?

I'm in quite a pickle! I have a massive stomach ache right now. I feel like I'll be headed to the bathroom with little to no warning, not sure which end (though probably lower.) Now, I don't feel anxious about throwing up but I am anxious! Perhaps it's about not bein able to sleep before work tomorrow? Maybe I am still a little afraid of throwing up, however thinking about doing it doesn't increase my anxiety. The odd feelings in my stomach and abdomen DO make me anxious though. Any thoughts?

Even sleeping on the couch isn't working.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Tummyache Anxiety, But Not V- Related?

Hey there!

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying, how're you feeling now? I know when I have lower tummy ache and I will need to run to the loo, I aways get really nervous and anxious, particularly if it is at night. I just have a fear that I won't be able to get there, or someone else will be using it, or someone else will hear me...

It's an endless list, but either way, it makes me nervous too, so that could be why!

Another reason you could feel anxious is because I know I panic that if I do have d*, this could mean the start of something bigger, even though inevitably 99.999999% of the time it never does! So, even though you don't feel n* it could be a subconscious emet thing kicking in. However, saying that, I don't want you to worry; I really don't think you will v*!!

Either way, I hope you're feeling better lovey! Let us know how you are
    Everything will be alright in the end: If it is not alright, it is not the end.

That may be it! I've had nasty poops before and not worried, but I just read that a side effect of one of my medications is anxiety so perhaps that's adding to it.

I didn't end up throwing up, but I definitely felt like I should have a few times. I think it's a bad reaction to my antibiotics or perhaps I may be withdrawing from the narcotics they gave me for the pain. (Need wisdoms out but I have a killer infection to knock out first, can't even open my mouth well.)

Thanks for the reply! I got to sleep around 7AM, woke up at about noon. Going to try to eat a little something so I can take the antibiotic.

It could be any of those things for sure, but hey, you made it through that's brilliant!! Well done you
    Everything will be alright in the end: If it is not alright, it is not the end.

Thank you! That was the closest I've been to a panic attack in a long while. Turns out it was some sort of bug, the boyfriend started around noon. Thankfully it's just a lower GI bug though

I felt mighty close to it yesterday too like badly. It's the nausea that definitely feels worse than anything else but I didn't let myself do it if my life depends on it.....

Glad you are feeling better today though.