Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic post

Default Panic post

I like to post in the private forums, but I keep getting logged out before I'm done. So I'll post here. And it is a panic post, so if you don't agree with them, don't read this.

I'm feeling so n*! And I probably am in big trouble because I unknowingly ate something on Friday that had been sitting out too long. Didn't know that until after I ate it. I've got to be more careful!

I'm so scared. So scared I'm shaking. I guess a xanax is in order, but this wave of nausea will have to subside first.

A promethazine may be in order. I try really hard to save those, but this is pretty bad. I'll try to hold out a couple of hours to see if all this passes. But at least I don't have to worry about work today. So I can be as drugged up as I need to be.

But I won't be going to church this morning. Which is upsetting my hubby. He's trying to be understanding, but I can tell hes perturbed.

But that's the least of my worries right now.

Default Re: Panic post

Could it be that you are worrying yourself up into a nauseating panic attack because of the food you think was out too long? Most food is safe to eat a lot longer than the recommended two-hour window. While it's true that some types of food poisoning can take days to manifest, realistically if what you ate on friday was spoiled, I'm fairly certain you would have been sick by Saturday morning. Today is Sunday, I bet you're fine in that regard. It's extremely unlikely it's food poisoning. Could it also be that because you have this friday food thing in the back of your mind, the thought of sitting in church for an hour or two is too much? Feeling trapped and "what if I get sick in church" kinda thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm really worried about my health right now anyway. I've got fatty liver, diabetes, high cholesterol and triglycerides. Now a blood test I just had done makes me worried I've got the start of kidney disease. I've emailed my doc about it, but haven't heard back yet. I'm just all messed up.

And so many of these things can cause n* and v*. I just don't know how I could handle that.

I know all about kidney disease. My first husband died from end stage renal disease. I know how awful dialysis is. I think the liver disease is probably a worse thing, but I know for sure that kidney disease is hell.

I took a xanax. Oh please work fast! I just want to go to sleep then wake up and feel fine. Probably not going to happen, but that's my hope.

Thanks out of order. I really hope that's all it is. If so the xanax should work wonders.

I just keep on typing out stuff to have something to do. Guess I need to stop dwelling on the bad, though and try something else to keep occupied. Maybe a few rounds of 7 Little Words will help. I'm gonna try it.

Well its been a few hours and I am still nauseated. I'm about to take a promethazine and hopefully sleep this day away.

Here we go again. I went home from work early on Tuesday due to being very nauseated. Now I'm sitting in my car trying to convince myself NOT to go home early again today. But I'm so nauseated. And scared! I've got to get a handle on this because I CANNOT lose my job!

(I know it has nothing to do with the food I ate that had been left out too long. I'm thinking it is a side affect of a medicine I take. Or a symptom of an ailment I have.)

I may have to try to get my doc to fill out FMLA leave paperwork for me. But then my boss would know about all my health issues, and that would make certain that if someone's position had to be eliminated, it would be mine. No, they couldn't fire me for absences, but they sure could still eliminate my position.

No I've got to go back in to work in a little while. I may have to drug myself up on xanax to do it, but so be it. Me at work fighting off sleep is better than me not at work. Maybe the xanax would be worn off enough that I could safely drive home tonight.

I so hate this. So much extra stress! No wonder I'm nauseated. It's a vicious cycle!

I'm just going to shut up now and decide what to do.