Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default im new here and i am pregnant

my name is aubree, i have been an emetophobic for as long as i can remember. i have a son who is 17 months old and am expecting my 2nd little bundle. i am between 9 weeks 3 days and 9 weeks 6 days (not much of a difference i know) the dr said we will get a more accurate measurement at my 12 week scan. the morning sickness has been terrible. i have not v* but the n* is just terrible. today has been pretty bad i have been eating i always keep something in my tummy and i have phenergan and my gingerale and have been sipping that. i did have a sinus infection and it may still be lingering, i finished all my antibotics off. I am hoping that its just the hormones peaking and that my morning sickness will settle soon (it has been ALL DAY sickness for me) i just cant believe i am going through pregnancy again lol, my son was born via emergency c section i was put to sleep for it after laboring for 21 hours with No pain medication (thats how i wanted it) and pushing for 3 hours his heartrate dropped way to low so they knocked me out to get him out fast. this time i will be awake for my c section, i have to have one due to the fact i have a straight pelvic bone and can not deliver naturally. i am just here to have woman who do have kids tell me the morning sickness will go away and have made it through multiple pregnancies with no v* but anyways i am glad to have a community like this! Thank you all for reading

Default Re: im new here and i am pregnant

First, congrats on your pregnancy! With my daughter, I had all day n* until 12 weeks, and with my son until over 25 weeks. I never did v* with either of them despite feeling so bad. Hopefully, the n* will calm very soon for you!

Quote Originally Posted by TryingToBeBrave View Post
    First, congrats on your pregnancy! With my daughter, I had all day n* until 12 weeks, and with my son until over 25 weeks. I never did v* with either of them despite feeling so bad. Hopefully, the n* will calm very soon for you!

my n* with my son went away around 13 weeks but it wasnt nearly as bad as it is with this one, i keep hoping I will just wake up and it will be gone

That's how it happened for me with my daughter. It just disappeared like turning a light switch off. Have you asked for Zofran? It really helps settle your stomach. I didn't know about it with my daughter, but it helped a lot with my son so I could go to work not feeling SO bad.

Hi Again!

One thing I remember helping a lot with the n* when I was pregnant was Preggie Pops. They are suckers and hard candies that really helped, and it's something that you can use discreetly wherever you are. If you google them, you might find a store locally that sells them, or you can get them online. I would also make sure I had some carbs before bed, like a bran muffin and a glass of milk. I live in Canada, so I got a prescription for Diclectin that helped also. Once that first tri was over, it went away and I felt pretty good! Hopefully it's the same for you.

Oh, and I went full term, both vaginal deliveries - first one was epidural, second one there was no time for drugs. I didn't v* during either pregnancy or in labour/delivery.