Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Nighttime N

Question Nighttime N

Hello. I need some help. So, last week, my brother was diagnosed with a stomach bug. I did a very good job of staying away from him. The bug only lasted 2 days. Last Sunday night, I spend about 3 hours feeling very n* and did a lot of things to cope and try to relax. None of which ended up working. I went and woke my mom up at about 1:30 telling her I was going to be sick. Then I sat up in my bed for another 2 hours, never actually getting sick. I concluded that it was all in my head. Which, it usually is everytime. Last night, I also felt sick. I went to the bathroom multiple times, which I actually (number 2) twice. I ended up just going back to my bed and trying to relax. I found that playing solitare on my laptop made all of my n* disappear. I played that for about an hour. And before I realized, I was sound asleep. Whenever I do get n*, it is 99% of the time, at night. I feel perfectly fine all day, then when i'm laying in bed, I just start to feel sick. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it?

Default Re: Nighttime N

I think a lot of us have n* more at night. There isn't as much to distract us, and I know I relate night time to getting sick. It seems the times I've had sv, I wake up feeling ill. Continue to find things to distract you until you go to sleep, I read until I literally pass out, leaving the light on and everything. You are not alone. :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Nighttime N

YES! i can tottally realate to this.. i tend to feel nauceus at night because i tend to listen to the sounds my stomach makes.. and i think really hard about everything that happend that day and the day before like example : i heard the boy in front of me at the show i went to tell his mom he was going to V* and i was right behind him! so i was scared i would catch what he had... and then that whole night i felt sick becuase i was so certain i had got it.. but it winded up being in my head. I think we just have more time to think at night and we dont have things to keep our minds busy so we worry our selves sick..

i hope this calms you down a little because i think many people feel this way.

best wishes!
    -dani