Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hello, I would like to introduce myself

Hi All. My name is Rocco. I am a 34 male from New Jersey. I am married with 3 children. My wife and I are blessed with 8 month old twin boys and a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is my best friend

I suffer from this emetophobia as well as depression and anxiety/panick. The anxiety and panic have been around for as long as I can remember. I am currently on 100mg of Zoloft and .5 of klonopin twice daily. I go thru periods where thigs are great and then everything falls apart again. The panic, depression, anxiety I am slooooowly starting to handle. This fear of v have taken over my life.

I almost missed the birth of my sons because I did not think I would be able to not v in the operating room, my wife had a c-section.

My daughter has v a few times in her life, always with me right there. I have never caught anything but it would put me in a tailspin for days.

I never knew our condition existed. I came across these boards and have been a "lurker" for some time. I have learned a lot and members have helped tremendously with posts.

I had to register tonight because I am truly freaking out. I did not know where to post, so it's in the members section if anyone wants to help it will be greatly appreciated.

Other than that, I am thrilled to be here and I look forward to getting to know everyone and conquering this thing together.

Default Re: Hello, I would like to introduce myself

Welcome Rocco! I'm 42 with 2 kids and have had this fear since age 10. You will find lots of support here and be amazed at how much we all have in common, and how we all think alike, and worry alike...ha ha. It is truly an awful fear that impacts every aspect of your life. But together we can all make each other's lives a little easier. Take care...