Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Desperate times call for desperate measures

Hey guys,
    I've been kinda MIA for awhile and was hoping that I would not have to come back, but here I am in need of advice. There is some kind of gastrointestinal illness going around at work and for those of you that remember where I work, well, it's not the cleanest place on earth. Actually, it might be right there with the deepest pit of hell lol as far as being sanitary is concerned. I'm tweaking out because on Monday one of the girls was vomiting all day at work. Why she did not go home is beyond me. Fortunately, I am not scheduled for Mondays so I was not there. Nausea/vomiting is a common complaint amongst my place of employment. Yesterday I awoke not feeling so hot and did not really eat all day. I tried to get down a few fries and chicken tenders--I know, not the healthiest choice I could have made but it was cheap and quick. I had around six glasses of Coke yesterday because caffeine seems to be the only thing that keeps me going. I felt worse as the day went on but I had some Nauzene in my bag so I took a few of those. The nausea subsided a bit and I had some ginger ale to get me through the rest of my shift. I was feeling so ill when my boyfriend had left to go home after hanging out with me for awhile after work. I actually thought I was going to vomit. That is how ill I was feeling. I took some Unisom sleep tabs and fell asleep feeling a bit better when I awoke, but I'm still not 100 percent. Another girl posted on FB that she was not feeling well last night which increased my anxiety. I texted her today to ask how she is doing and she said she vomited last night. Needless to say, I am not going into work today. I can't. I'm too anxious and I'm worried I'm next because I feeling nauseated yesterday/last night. I need someone to knock some sense into me. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I don't know if I'm making myself feel sick because of the anxiety hearing that there is something going around the club or if I'm genuinely sick. I took probiotics already and I NEVER touch my mouth at work unless I am CERTAIN my hands are as clean as humanly possible. The other girls do not take that same measure so at least I have that going for me? Grr this sucks well at least I have some extra time to catch up on much needed sleep. I hope everyone has been doing well. Any advice/input would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Edit: one of my good friends just tweeted she has food poisoning. Fuck this
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 08-09-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: Desperate times call for desperate measures

Aw hun, I'm sorry things aren't so good right now. It sounds like there's a bug going around at your work, but is it possible that you didn't have it, you were just really anxious because everyone else seemed to have it? Either way, if you keep your hands clean and away from your mouth, you should be fine. If it makes you feel better, keep hand sanitizer on you all the time, stay healthy, try to eat a lot of nutritious foods, drink lots of water, give your immune system the best chance possible to stop anything you might catch. I hope things start looking up for you. If you ever need to chat, you've got my Facebook! xx
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think I just might lock myself up in my room for awhile. I cannot seem to escape this right now this fucking blows
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Getting to be that time of year again. Tbh noro hasnt really gone away this summer. Just remember to wash your hands people.

You'll be fine! Just remember that you create your anxiety and it's all fake, do your best to rationalize this truth and separate yourself from how you feel.

Ughhhh I've sooo not been feeling myself the past week or so. I've no idea why but I have been incredibly lethargic and seem to sleep for hours on end still not feeling refreshed. I feel nauseated on and off and my appetite fluctuates. I also just feel a tad depressed.. Perhaps it's just that time of year again. This time last year, I was dealing with my grandmother's passing. It could be an explanation for why I've been feeling this way or I'm just struggling with another bout of depression. I should really consider getting back on medication again, for the sake of my sanity really.
    My shadow