Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Suggestions for nausea Medications?

Hi everyone! My question is for OTC nausea Medications. My Doctor prescribed me Promethazine, which works, but he only gives me 15 a month -_- unfortunately I need more than that. Does anyone favor a particular anti nausea pill that works? My nausea is caused by everything from anxiety to IBS to migraines. I have tried all the 'natural' remedies like ginger pills and things like that, they just don't particularly work for me. It sucks. Anyways, thanks so much to anyone who responds, it means more to me than you know. XOXOXO Amanda

Default Re: Suggestions for nausea Medications?

Zofran or the generic--THE best drug for me. It's not OTC, but I just save whatever is left from when my kids get sv and pediatrician calls it in. Your obgyn should be able to give you a Rx for it if you say you get nauseous during your monthly cycles. That's who I plan to get it from when my current supply runs out.

Antihistamines can sometimes take away nausea. My good friend used to be a nurse in the pediatric oncology department at UNC (how sad) and when the patients would get nauseated they'd given them Benadryl along with their antiemetic. Also, sleep aids like unisom have similar effect.

Awesome, thanks guys! xoxoxo Amanda

I wish I could get my hands on some prescription anti emetics--or so I tell myself. I've been trying really hard to make do without medication but sometimes it's necessary to get through my shift. I like Nauzene or the generic of Emetrol. They are just little cherry flavored tablets but be aware that they taste unpleasant. At night when I am having troubles, I'll take Dramamine or Unisom sleep tabs. I struggle with insomnia so both are helpful when I have them on hand. Again, I try not to rely so heavily on medication as you can become psychologically dependent.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Very true, thanks so much!

Maybe instead of a nausea med you should be looking for an anxiety med. Most nausea meds are to be taken as needed, not everyday, they can have unpleasant side effects & addiction qualities.

I would talk with your doctor because if you start taking something everyday, it'll be a pain when you stop and the nausea comes back worse

I worry that taking so many anti emetics might eventually make them less efficient? I too get n* from anxiety and IBS but I find other ways to cope when I know that I'm not going to v*.