Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post It was at WORK!!

Yesterday I get to work, and as soon as I walk in the door, one of my coworkers comes up to me and says "I've been v*ing all day." Very first words out of their mouth. :/ So of course I instantly start panicking... WHY WOULD YOU COME TO WORK (we work at a food place of all things) WHEN YOU ARE V*ING!!!" SHE DIDN'T EVEN WASH HER HANDS WHEN SERVING FOODS TO CUSTOMERS, EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS V*ING AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She literally had a garbage can in the back room and when she would need to v* she would just go back there, do it, then come back to work. Without washing her hands. We work in a really small space, and now I'm freaking out that I'll get it because I worked with her the same shift the day before that too, and I'm working with her again today (if she even comes to work which she probably will). I don't think I touched my face at all but I can't remember, we were so busy that I might have done it subconsciously! So far it has been 17 and a half hours since I was exposed. When I got home from work I used a Clorox wipe on anything I touched (my car keys, my phone, my car door handle, etc) but I'm still freaking out! What makes it worse is that I start school this week too.

Default Re: It was at WORK!!

What she did is a health code violation! Where was your manager? This is why I am always worried after I eat out. She should have been sent home. Good for you though! I probably would have made an excuse to go home!

The worst part? The OWNER of the place was there and wouldn't let her go home (the girl who was sick was the manager) unless she found someone to cover for her...

I'm still worried though. It's been 19 hours since exposure. 29 more hours until I'm in the all clear...

Ughh that kind of shit irks me. At least have the decency to send an ill employee home for the sake of the customers, especially in the food industry. It's just not sanitary. This type of stuff happens at my work all the time because I work very closely with every one. You're not doomed to catch it and I personally feel that you would have come down with it by now as you've mentioned it's already been almost 24 hours. Just hang tight! You should be just fine.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I am sure you will be fine. You were not with her when she was sick in the bucket and I am sure you did not go near the bucket. You could not have caught it from her the day before she was sick. You were careful so your chances are very small. The owner needs to be reported to your local health department!

Thanks guys, now that I think about it, I have a question. If you are hungover, do you v*, and if so, for how long? I know she went out partying/drinking the night before and so I thought maybe it could be a hangover, but my shift was at 6 PM so that seems a little late, don't you think? But I don't think there was any d* with it because she was up front the whole time unless she was v*ing, in which case she went to the back room for like 30 seconds to do it, then she came right back.

If you are hungover you can v*. It depends on the person how long, some people just get sick once and are fine and others can be ill the whole day. So yes, it could be a hangover.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I call exposing people to the stomach virus biological harassment. If you get sick, maybe you can sue for "biological harassment".

Susan

Another reason: maybe the co-worker is pregnant.

Susan

It's been 30.5 hours since exposure and I'm still fine.. I worked with her again today. She said she was sick all day yesterday but today she was totally fine.

I just dont understand why people go to work and risk getting everyone else sick. it makes me so mad!
    also, i dont understand how people are so calm about it.. if i was v* at work, i dont care if i had someone to cover me, i would go right home, risking losing my job and all.. haha
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

awful! Do this people think??!
    I hope i won't get in touch with this situation never! Really awful.
    Are you ok now?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I would guess hangover! Some people just feel off, others v* all day, it's just about how much they drank and how their bodies react to it. Glad you are all clear!

It relly hacks me off when people expose other people to their filthy germs, & also, why do people feel the need to tell the whole world that they`ve been vting?, do they like grossing everone out?