Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When was the last time you had a sv*?

Lately I have been wondering how frequent this is to catch. The last time I had one was 4 years ago and it was the only one I have ever had.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Default Re: When was the last time you had a sv*?

ThIs past March. Time before that was 11 years ago.

10 years ago when i was 6 years old. but theres one going around my school right now so i'm really scared! touch wood i don't get it.

I have not vomited in over 36 years, but I think I have had some stomach viruses in that time that did not require me to vomit. I can't say for certain when the last one was, but the last time I experienced actual nausea was in 2000, 12 years ago. I suspect this was caused by a virus, but I'm not sure. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

The last time I actually vomited was in January 2001. (knock wood) Before that it was November 1987, July 1983, and May 1980. I have vague memories of vomiting before the earliest date listed, but don't remember the dates. In late July 2008 I had loose bowels for about a couple weeks. One night, I felt queasy. The next day, I had a low grade fever. That just lasted a day. I went to the doctor and gave a stool and urine sample. The stool sample checked out clear but the urine sample was inconclusive. They gave me antibiotics for a UTI. I didn't have any problems with urinating. I don't know whether that time in 2008 was the dreaded virus or not. There were a few times through the years where I had watery diarrhea without being queasy. Maybe those times were a virus. I thought it was IBS. I'd take Imodium, be okay for a few days, and then have diarrhea again. Now I don't know if that was IBS or not.

Susan

Jan. 1, 2012 was the latest, and the worst, it caused my emet to spiral out of control. Before that, it had been 2005 while working at a music camp in the dorms. I had it one other time in college, and once in high school, and I know I had it a lot as a kid, probably every year from the time I started school until age 9 or 10, then I didn't get it again until high school. My mom told me that she usually gets it every 4-7 years, and she is a teacher, and it seems that the worse you get it, the longer it is until the next one, at least in my history.

i don't remember i have ever had sv*, maybe when i was little. I have to ask my parents.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

October 2011 for the first time ever. Needless to say, October in my mind is now "the month I got the sv & v*"... Which really stinks because it used to be my favorite month of the year :/. Now I dread it!

March of 1999.

December 26 1985. I got sick one time since then but it was from my period cramps.

December 2011, which has made my emet even worse and I'm dreading when that time comes again.

I had one a few months ago but thankfully it was just d* and before that 1999 caused me to v* and pretty much brought on my emet.

I had what I think was food poisoning just two months ago, but the last time I had a virus was on the evening of March 27th 2009 and it was definitely noro. I remember everything about it, from the weather (snowy) to the exact time (6.26). It came out of nowhere, I literally spent the entire night in the bathroom, and in the morning I felt completely better and refreshed.

Nasty experience but I was in a good patch with my phobia back then; it didn't affect me at all and life continued as normal for the next two and a half years.

Before that I last had a virus in October 2002.

I had A stomach Virus, in 2009, which caused me to have just d, But I vomited for the first time in 34 years, on May 3rd 2012, with stomach virus, i had a fever ached everywhere, really bad d, for a couple of days, made emet worst for a few weeks, but now I am glad it happened, as I know I can deal with it.

Too young to remember. I may never have gotten it actually (knock on wood). My v* has always been food or environmentally related, and my emet was definitely triggered by an environmentally related episode.

Sept 2010 and then 16 years before that x