Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Any advice?!!?!?

School starts monday and knowing me im going to think im sick on the first day of school and my "stomach will hurt" after lunch or something and i'll be so scared to V* in school... any advice on how to stay calm through my 7 hours of shcool?!

Default Re: Any advice?!!?!?

Just breath. My school started in the end of July and I used to breath when I felt bad. It still happens, like now. I came here to post a new threat and saw yours. Everything will be fine. Think that you can be sick anywhere, school isn't a monster.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I bet you'll be so distracted seeing friends and finding your classes and meeting your teachers that you won't even think of emet That's how it always was for me, at least!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Try to stay in the moment, rather than thinking about what can happen. If you focus your energy on the moment, and what is actually happening, rather than what your irrational brain is telling you, it may help. I have the same issue, not with school, but with any situation. I think what if I get sick here, then I start to feel bad. Instead of thinking "what if" just think of what actually IS happening
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.