Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default omgosh, just moved to Japan and my 7 yr old Vd in my kitchen

Please someone tell me I am overreacting. I am so freaking out! We moved to Japan a week ago. My 7 yr old has pretty much been hanging in the house cause he doesnt have friends yet. This evening he went bowling with his new found friend. I didnt go so I didnt have control over what he was doing. He drank 3 sodas. ate a little bit of chicken lumpia. He came home fine and then about 10 minutes after we got home he V*d in my kitchen. Then I of course had to clean it up. He did this around 30 minutes ago and is taking a bath. He acts normal right now but could he have a virus. How long does it usually take for someone to V again if its a virus?

Default Re: omgosh, just moved to Japan and my 7 yr old Vd in my kitchen

When I had a virus, it was around two hours. I think he's just drank too much soda.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He has been fine since he V*d and he just fell asleep. I wonder if I have anything to worry about throughout the night.

About 10 more minutes and it will have been about 2 hrs since he V*d. If we make it another hour or so even though he is sleeping do you think we will be in the clear? Should i go to bed? He is in a room with his older brother and i just dont think that his brother will wake up to help him or come let me know if it happens again.

He might just not be used to the food in Japan (new place and all), and that is a LOT of soda for a small boy! If he hasn't even felt nauseous since I really think it was just a one time thing and not a virus. Hope he feels better and that you do too!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Odd question but why did you move to japan? It was probably something he ate.

Def. to much soda for a 7 year old. Plus, he was probably all excited about hanging out with his new friend, and so was wound up to begin with. With a virus, it seems that someone will v* every 20 min. to couple of hours, if it's longer than two hours, he's probably fine, just feed him something plain tomorrow morning to keep his tummy settled.

Thanks to you all! He was fine the next morning and so far everyone has been ok. To answer the qusetion of why i moved to Japan, my husband is in the army and we requested to get stationed here because my mother is Japanese and I have lots of family here.

Spoke too soon. I have D now. My stomach started hurting a little while ago but I thought it was from the heat. I was fine all day just as my son was went for a run this morning, then came home, ate a little bit of rice and seaweed, nothing unusual, then ate a peach, and a cou-ple of hours later had a pear. Went to see my dog then walked to the commissary, drank a tea and ate some chips. Came home and thats when my stomach started. Can the heat make you have D?

You've been so anxious about your son vomiting, it's probably all that stress causing your diarrhea. Sip some tea, eat bland light foods, give your gut a break for a day or two, relax as best you can, you'll be fine.

Heat can cause diarrhea too, mixed with the stress, I wouldn't worry about it. Diarrhea doesn't equal throwing up nearly as often as we think. I'm sure you are fine. Rest a bit, and stay hydrated!