Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hypnotherapy/need support

Hi everyone, I'm new here I am 20 and I have always been terrified of being s* for as long as I can remember. It is stopping me from doing so much. I have to stick to certain foods that I feel safe eating, I have to wash my hands over and over and over before I eat anything and am terrified of food contamination, I have to over check expiry dates on food over and over, and I can't stand going to the doctors or hospital. I have had CBT therapy but it didn't help me get over this fear, so I have decided to try hypnotherapy instead. I have it booked for august 29th. Has anyone had experience of hypnotherapy to overcome emetophobia?
    The main reason that I am desperate to overcome this fear, is that me and my partner are wanting to have a baby very soon and I'm so so worried that I will never get over this fear and be able to have children and it's been getting me down recently. I know that right now, I wouldn't be able to cope with morning s*ness and babies being ill. But I want to have a baby so so much.
    Anyway, it'd be nice for some advice or support. It's just nice to know people who are feeling similar to how I am.

Hannah

Default Re: Hypnotherapy/need support

Welcome!

I know just how you feel. I actually bought a Groupon for three hypnotherapy sessions so I need to book those. We should definitely go and discuss how it affects us! I have read on here that some people have not been cured by it, others have been cured in as few as three visits! It all just depends on the person. I hope it goes well with you!

Quote Originally Posted by deeendnamtoe View Post
    Welcome!

I know just how you feel. I actually bought a Groupon for three hypnotherapy sessions so I need to book those. We should definitely go and discuss how it affects us! I have read on here that some people have not been cured by it, others have been cured in as few as three visits! It all just depends on the person. I hope it goes well with you!

Hello! Ooh have you? Yeah you should definitely book them, it'd be nice to talk to someone else who has experienced it too How long have you been emetophobic if you don't mind me asking? Hope your hypnotherapy goes well too!

I've been emetophobic since I was about 7. So pretty much my whole life (I'm 22). I finally decided to get help. I'm going through therapy right now but I am also going to try the hypnotherapy. I'm excited!