Hi All,
I was at a health/nutrition store and got to talking with a woman there who seemed very knowledgeable (older woman who owns the place) and she asked me if I was on any meds, so I told her Lexapro. Told her I had been on it forever and thought I'd never be able to get off it. She told me to take L-tyrosine 3x a day with vit. C, and I shouldn't experience much of the withdrawals that we all know are horrible, even though the docs deny it. I guess L-tyrosine is an amino acid that our bodies make anyway, and it helps regulate mood and helps with serotonin and dopamine, etc. I would LOVE to get off this stuff!! Soooo...I cut down my Lex. and today just started the L-tyrosine, less than she said because I'm afraid of taking too much. Haven't noticed too much, but since cutting the Lex, I do get restless legs at night and those lovely "brain zaps." But not too bad.

Anyone familiar with this stuff?? Is Barbie still on? She knew a lot about nutrition, alternative medicine, etc. Anyway, thanks for reading...