Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down have you ever had this?

k so i'm 13 y/o and i am pretty emetophobic... i HATE the feeling you get in your throat as it's yuck and painful

k so right now it's winter and i was off school today because i had a cold; no stomach bugs or anything. but now i have a nauseous feeling in my throat like im gonna throw up but i dont - and havent - have any pains in my stomach just that throat feeling...

anyway, i wasnt hungry but i felt like eating something so now i'm sucking on strawberries and oranges under a blanket on the couch and i wanna know if this is the time... or is it just anxiety??

cheers
    sos

Default Re: have you ever had this?

I'm sorry you are feeling bad and i hope your cold has gone away!
    anyway, as far as i know people vomit after a huge pain in the stomach! i advice you to relax every time you feel this in your throat and drink liquids and if it make you feel better try to chew some mint gum, it always manages to make me feel better. but most of all try to relax
    get well soon! regards

hey i only just saw this now sorry, hope your feeling better.
    i'd say that if your able to eat food then you should be okay.
    also, there have been a few threads on here about throat nausea, and most of us agree that generally you only get throat nausea when your anxious, so i'd say thats why your feeling yuck.
    i saw that you live in australia- i'm in melbourne and there have been so many colds going around, but not many stomach bugs, if thats any comfort.

I had that SUPER BAD with viral pharyngitis. It does go away. I found that it was the post nasal drip that caused it. Frequently blew my nose and gargled with salt water took away the feelign for the most part! Get well soon (:

It does go away. I found that also acetaminophen helped the inflammation taking away the feeling as well. Take care (:
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~