Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Beta blockers please help!?

I have been prescribed beta blockers for my anxiety as things have gotten that bad. Was just about to take one when I read that they can cause V*. Has anyone taken these?? They are called propranolol.

Default Re: Beta blockers please help!?

I have tried so many different betta blockers and none of them have ever made me v. Or n for that matter. Dont worry!

I take propranolol quite regularly and have never had even the slightest bit of n*. My doc gave me them for times when I was really panicking about feeling n* so she obviously didn't think they'd make me feel bad (would be a bit pointless!). Sure you'll be absolutely fine x

I took propranalol to prevent migraines. It did not make me v*. I did have some mild d* for a few days, but it wasn't bad at all.

My Doc had me on beta blockers during the last 8 months of my pregnancy (2008), and I never experienced any stomach distress. Best of luck.

I've used propranolol (Inderal) before without any adverse side effects. It helped me reduce the anxiety/nausea loop.

I took propranolol for several months when my thyroid was very overactive & they didnt make me v*.