Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I feel so sick right now :(

I just woke up and I feel super nauseated. I'm really scared I am going to vomit and I need someone to talk me through this ( I did not get much sleep at all last night so I'm not sure if that could have something to do with it or not. I just feel so awful but I do not know if this is real nausea or not. Everyone says you just know when it's the real deal, but every time I have actually vomited, it felt very similar to my anxiety nausea. I mean, anxiety can cause real nausea anyhow so I don't understand why people say that. I'm just freaking out. I have so much stuff to do today. I have class and then I have to work. My schedule does not permit me to be sick! I would normally leave at 7:15am which is in about 45 minutes, but I am going to go later to see if I feel better. I start my period in about five days, but I seriously feel so nauseated. I'm just sucking on ginger candies right now. After my work out yesterday, I needed to badly quench my thirst, so I grabbed a water bottle in the refrigerator that had previously been opened. I'm worried that maybe someone in my family drank out of it and could have been sick, but I cannot be certain. It was a thought that entered my mind as soon as it touched my lips and I silently panicked. I seriously hate setbacks like these...
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 08-28-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: I feel so sick right now :(

Hey Dead,

I feel icky in the morning sometimes when I don't sleep properly. Maybe that is what is going on with a combination of your period as well. Do what you can today to your best. I think maybe once you get going with your day and such you will be distracted enough and start to feel better.

Hang in there hunnie!

I'm sorry you're feeling that way.
    Are you better now?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Thanks guys! I felt better almost immediately after I posted that which was strange so I got along with my day except I called off work because I just mentally checked out today...I spent the better part of my day (approx. 7 hours) completing my German homework for this week so that was certainly distracting! Here's to hoping I get some solid sleep tonight!
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 08-28-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Dead. I hope you sleep well.

Susan

I am feeling kind of off tonight, too. My period is due on the 3rd so I'm sure that's what's causing my lethargy, achy muscles and hot flashes but I'm not convinced. Am I ever? lol nope. Sigh I feel so physically and mentally exhausted.
    My shadow

I feel nauseated sigh I'm getting so tired of this.
    My shadow

Every time I wake up in the morning I am completely nauseous. But for you, it sounds like stress. About a week ago, I experienced the same ordeal. I would wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning or just whenever and feel so nauseated I would have a panic attack. It was so utterly terrifying. But I haven't vomited in 9 years and I don't plan on it! I just shower and a shower helps me almost instantly! I also drink tea and crackers. I know it's very scary, but I know you are a strong woman and it won't happen. We all experience this and, truth is, it is completely beyond our control.
    But there are ways to get over it. Have you tried therapy?
    I am now and I feel as though it is helping me. After 6-7 years of letting my Emetophobia wear off its actually come back. So don't worry, we all know how you feel. I hope you get better as soon as possible.
    And try to reduce the stress, okay? It will help bunches!