Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking Out At Work!! Please help

Im new to this page and have never spoken out about my phobia until recently. it's something ive delt with my whole life but in the past 10 years it's gotte much worse. i never used to worry about germs or what i ate, even though i had the fear of V* but that literally changed all in one day and now its all i think about.

Today im having really bad heartburn which really scares me....my anxiety is through the roof now and i dont know what to do.

Default Re: Freaking Out At Work!! Please help

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. It is terrible when it hits at work. Can you take a break from work and go somewhere quiet for 15 min to help you calm down? I always go sit in my car for a little while. It helps me to get away from people.
    I know heartburn is distressing. But I'vehad tons of heartburn in my life and never v* with it. You really will be okay. Take an antacid and it will help.
    I hope you get to feeling better soon!

thanks! honestly if i can distract myself long enough the feeling will go away. reading some post on this forum has helped. im so glad i found this

I hope you're feeling better! I know you it is to panic at work, it's the worst place to me when you're having an attack! I'm actually having one right now. I just want to leave so bad.

I'm having a panic attack right now too, strange as it may seem its reassuring to come here and realise I am not alone, in some ways it s distracting me. I am sucking on mints like crazy right now Hopefully we can support each other through this.