Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Missing school again please help!

So this is my first time staying home from school this year. But I've gone home twice already and the worst part it's its only the 7th day of school. I can't deal with it. Everyday I hyperventilate an have a panic attack in class and I'm even afraid to eat lunch. Then I stress out about having a 3 hour cheerleading practice after school where I'm continuously bouncing and shaking my stomach. I've begged my parents to get me help but in the 4th grade they tried that and got me an endoscopy and there was nothing wrong with my stomach I'm in the 10th grade now , I've also recently went gluten free because everything I ate hurt my stomach. It has helped a little, the only thing my parents agreed on helping me with is getting me an allergy test. But anyways I can't deal with it everyday in school and I don't even like practice anymore because I'm to stressed but I love cheerleading I just need help !!!!

Default Re: Missing school again please help!

I'm starting ninth grade next week. I know how you feel - in grade seven, and even sometimes grade eight, I missed plenty of school, to the point where I had to attend summers school (for math). Just keep in mind that bouncing around and exercising will not cause you to vomit. It helps with depression and anxiety to keep active. It took quite some time for me to finally do it, but honestly? The best thing to do about school is to focus on anything but emet. Talk to your friends, even if it's in the middle of class. Do whatever you find beneficial. When I'm playing sports and going on crazy rides, instead of focusing on the negatives, I focus on how much fun I'm having. I always bring mints and hand sanitizer to school. I never really eat at school - mostly because I'm so used to waking up in the afternoon, I'm never hungry until I return home. If you can't eat at lunch, well, at least try to bring some light snacks, crackers, fruit etc. I usually bring some crackers for my breaks because I find myself wanting something to nibble on after gym class.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I missed a ton of school in tenth grade, thats when my panic attacks were worst. I never told my parents about my phobia but i told them i had major panic attacks that they helped me through. i went home all the time and missed a lot of school. whenver it got really bad while i was there and i couldnt go home i would hide in the bathroom (id pick the one that would most likely have the least amount of chance that someone would be in there) and try to calm myself until i could get back to class. i would tell myself in my head 'if i could just last til the passing period..if i could just last til lunch...' and so on and it helped. remember exercise is good and helps build your immune system so try not to let it get you down when i got halfway through my junior year i had learned to control my panic attacks and started homeschooling so i could work but it made my panic attacks a million times better. thats my story but i agree with kaiilyn 23 advicewise

i never miss my school