Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared More At Night

I have noticed that my fear is more prominent at night (unless it's triggered throughout the day) Maybe it's because I used to get sick so much at night when I was a child...I'm not sure. I went through periods of time where I would stay up til the early morning hours thinking I would feel safer because if I ever woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick I went into extreme panic. Now I just realize that sometimes before bed it's on my mind. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it I go into a panic.

Has anyone else noticed this pattern with emetophobia?

Default Re: Scared More At Night

yep, exact same thing! if i feel sick i'll often stay awake until about 2-3am because like you, i panic if i wake up feeling s*.

yes i noticed this recently too, but i think it's much easier to panic at night. i just blamed it on the fact i'm kinda scared of the dark and i just feel its easier to worry at night because youre usually alone etc don't worry you are not the only one! happens to me every night and i'm learning to deal with it

I do that too. I go on a lot of late night drives when I am scared and it helps calm me down enough to get tired and go back to sleep.

It is very good to know I am not alone I think it may have to do with this one time I had a panic attack late at night from feeling sick. I actually went for a drive hoping to get away from the fear or at least distract myself. Right now I rely on prescription strength anti nausea meds to keep me nausea free when i wake up feeling sick. I got them from a doctor a long time ago and now I feel dependent on them. I hardly ever use them, but it's one of the only things that make me feel safe just in case I cant fight the sickness. Unfortunately, one time that didn't even help. It only goes so far I guess. I want to feel like I don't have to rely on any medication. I actually work at a health food store/vitamin shop and so I have definitely stocked up on tummy meds

i am also suffer from this issue

I am exactly the same, i have been awake till 5am for the past week watching tv trying to take my mind off it!

I have this exactly! Unless something specific in the day sets me off, I'm usually okay, but as soon as I'm in bed and not doing anything else BAM I feel n*. And then I have trouble sleeping because the last time I had a sv I woke up with severe diarrhoea in the night and I'm just terrified that it will happen again, so my brain seems to say 'well, if you don't go to sleep, there's no way you can wake up feeling sick is there?'

My brain's a sharp one :/