Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I figured out what I am afraid of

The other night I was crying really hard (about something completely unrelated to this) and my nose was so clogged and i couldnt breathe at all and it was hard for me to swallow. When i tried i threw up in my mouth a little, just enough to taste it. I immediately sat up and forced myself to stop crying and walked around in hopes to unclog my nose. I had some weird, very vague memory of crying really hard then vomiting from it, i honestly don't know if it even ever really happened, if it did, it had to have been before age 4 (that was the last time i vomited and it wasnt from crying). But throughout the next few days I kept thinking about it and i have come to realize that i am not afraid of gagging or nausea or sickness, but i'm afraid of the taste! I have no idea why but remembering exactly what it tastes like, so nasty and horrible, it scares me more than anything in the whole world. All i can think of is maybe it really did happen when i was very little and scared me then, so it scares me now. Part of me is really excited about this because i feel like i have finally narrowed my fear down to something therefore moving onto the next step of conquering my fear. It seems a lot more possible now.

Default Re: I figured out what I am afraid of

same problem