Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! It's been a rough week.

I am new here and I am so glad I found this website because I don't really have anyone to talk to about my fears. My husband just gets irritated with me when I "over react" to our kids being s*. This past week was the very first week of school and I thought with it still being "summer" I still had time before I would have to worry about my fear. Boy was I wrong. My oldest started kindergarten on Friday and was v* early Saturday morning, had diarrhea all day Saturday and Sunday and v* again on Monday morning. I was in panic mode through most of it but I've learned how to calm down and just be there for my kids. But as soon as they start feeling better, I worry about my other child. It's Thursday now so I think our house is in the clear but this virus is going around here and it seems like everywhere I turn, people are coming down with it. Two of her friends from school, neighbors, friends.. It's like I can't escape it and although my YDD hasn't had it, I am constantly worried. I didn't sleep last night, I have barely eaten since Saturday morning when my DD got s*. I am pregnant so I need to be careful but I am terrified to come down with the illness and terrified my YDD will catch it. I have since bleached all my bathrooms, washed and lysoled all the linens in my kids' room and just generally cleaned the entire house. I feel like we should be in the clear but I can't stop feeling like my YDD will catch it from someone else. We just got back from a neighbors house who invited us over for a tea party with her daughter. It wasn't after I got there that she told me she postponed the tea party a day because everyone in her house was getting over the same virus. Why would she not tell me this before I walked in her house?!?!? I immediately came up with a reason to leave and came home and washed YDD's hands for a solid minute and gave her hand sanitizer. I hope the 20 minutes we were there won't get her s*. I feel like I've been handling my phobia better over the past year but it's times like this that I obsess. I'm glad I found this page and everyone for their support.

Default Re: Help! It's been a rough week.

Hello and welcome

Sorry you're dealing with this phobia too, it really sucks!

First off if your LO wasn't at the house at the time of v* or d* its highly unlikely she will catch anything as she wasn't exposed to any particles, so i'm sure you're safe there!

Other than that you're doing a great job at taking all the precautions, all I could recommend would be keep up what you're doing and I'm sure you will be fine! If you didn't catch it from your oldest I doubt you will get it from anywhere else, just remember to clean and sanitize everything and to keep your hands away from your mouth an face and i'm sure you will be fine!

As for your DH I completely understand where you're coming from, my OH is the same, they just don't understand!

Calm down and watch some T.V or read a book with a cup of tea and try to relax, worrying will only cause you to panic and feel n* which will make you panic more, it's a vicious cycle!. Congrats on your pregnancy I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Remember, you will be absolutely fine!

Always here for a chat x