Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Thinking of going to hospital.

Ok so i've been posting alot in the last few days sorry about that. I have been having extreme nausea and bowl problems for the past week, tingling, numbness and feeling faint and hot. I've decided to go to the hospital as i am getting very worried now :/ Has anyone else ever been to hospital for reasons like this? What did they say?

Default Re: Thinking of going to hospital.

They usually tell me it's anxiety or stress. They can't really do much. I don't see a point in going honestly. They might give you iron pills if they think it might be anemia (I have it) and they can test for it right there.

I really think it's anxiety and nothing serious. It might be low blood sugar or something along the lines of that. But for me, it wastes money to go to the hospital unless I know without a doubt something is wrong. But if you feel like you need to, go ahead. They never did anything for me and I hated it there. Made me more paranoid.

Trust your gut though. I am not a doctor.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

That's what i was thinking! But i went to my doctor 5 days ago and i'm feeling worse :/ If it is anxiety it'll probably make me feel better being told by a doctor that there is nothing wrong :/

If you are worried...go. Sometimes hearing it's nothing but anxiety is the beggining to the path of feeling better.

5 days ago? The only thing I could think of is low iron which is not serious unless dangerously low. I honestly think it's anxiety. In which you will be okay! If your constantly worried, your body is going to react to it.

I have been there. I thought something was wrong too. Nothing was wrong with me but my thoughts. But I am not a doctor hun. If you feel like it needs to be done then by all means, go!

Have you not dealt with anxiety before? My first time dealing with it, I thought something was seriously wrong with me.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~

No this is my first proper time! I understand that it is probably just anxiety but i just don't know what to do anymore, i am so depressed and i don't think i can go through another night of thinking i'm going to be sick

I deal with that all the time. IT WILL PASS! It's going to be okay. Anxiety is rough, but it's a normal bodily function to fear. It's not dangerous, and this will pass. Have you talked to someone yet about this? Maybe hearing a logic filled response would help?

Remember, it's the fear talking. It doesn't mean it's going to happen, it's just a thought like everything else. You are just dwelling on that thought. A thought won't make you sick. (:
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~

Quote Originally Posted by Murder-my-soul View Post
    They usually tell me it's anxiety or stress. They can't really do much. I don't see a point in going honestly. They might give you iron pills if they think it might be anemia (I have it) and they can test for it right there.

I really think it's anxiety and nothing serious. It might be low blood sugar or something along the lines of that. But for me, it wastes money to go to the hospital unless I know without a doubt something is wrong. But if you feel like you need to, go ahead. They never did anything for me and I hated it there. Made me more paranoid.

Trust your gut though. I am not a doctor.
    I agree with all of this.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

i agree that going to the hospital and being told that it's anxiety by a doctor might make you feel better......did your doctor run any tests on you? i would talk to him/her about maybe some meds to help you deal with the anxiety if all your tests showed that there was nothing physically wrong.

i've gone to the er a few times when i got really bad and it always helped me to know that i was ok.......hope you feel better soon <3
    how i feel about emet