Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Does anyone else get like this? :(

*May be graphic to some people*

So i've just been scrolling through facebook and come across a status that my cousin was *folded over the toilet, spewing her guts up*
    why would someone put a status like this?! I'm seriously freaking out! I've not been near her but im worried one of my family may have spreaded it! I've started to feel n* now :S I know it's probably anxiety but i'm totally freaking! Does anyone else get like this? And does anyone fancy a chat

Default Re: Does anyone else get like this? :(

She might not even have a sv*! But if she does it doesn't necessarily mean you will get it! (: And I can get on chat if you need to talk to someone?
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I think it is disgusting that people post things like that on facebook, even for someone who isn't afraid of v*, no one wants to have that mental picture in their hate. I especially hate it when I am logging on to facebook while eating breakfast, or on my lunch break, and I see those things Yuck!!!

I think these people just want to gross everyone out!

To be honest I think it's partially cuz of the gross out factor, and partially because they just view being s* and v* as a part of life. Only need to see movies and tv shows these days to see how it's become "funny" to show graphic bodily functions. I don't know if I will ever find it funny, but I do dream of it not causing the exaggerated reaction I have right now of immediate anxiety and panic. I can't imagine being able to look at the whole thing as just a part of life, not the end of the world.

For the record though, I totally do get anxiety.. and if they live somewhat close to me I've been known to go wipe and sanitize the house... Good ol self soothing rituals.

Sweetie you are not alone! I was told once a younger member of my family had been sick all down the back seats of our car,i avoided that car like the plague..

But with pictures showing this,ive seen it and it grosses me out,but honestly like everyone else says,Its a part of life to some people
    My mum has a fear of heights and hates this certain bridge where we live,my mum will NOT FOR THE LIFE OF HER cross it. But i walk across it and even look over the barriers down at the water
    To some people its petrifying. To others its life

I'm looking to chat too if you want to go on

I think more often than not, people that post statuses like that are seeking sympathy.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Oh gosh I hate that!! Are you sure it was the flu? I know some of my friends get pictures taken of them while they had 'too much to drink' the night before and think its funny to put those pictures on Facebook. To me it's immature and stupid. I've actually considered deleting my fb account because people post when they are sick with the *s *v. And that gets me nervous just knowing its going around. Just me thinking about it freaks me out!! Ugh.

I don't know, some people like to shock others by posting things like that, others think it's just a part of life that needs to be shared, some want sympathy.. there's a lot of reasons. Honestly I'd rather know if my friends are sick so I can avoid them until they're no longer contagious. At least it allows me to take some extra precautions that I might not take if I wasn't aware they're sick. But I guess they could be more subtle in their posts and just mention being sick instead of being so graphic.

My biggest question when people write this is.... If they are SOO sick that they are folded over the toilet, how are they able to walk over to their computers and put it on Facebook? Obviously they must be exaggerating!