Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: To those who are now emet free

Jill, hi, welcome. I did the mp3 version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh I just saw your above post, hmm... Maybe I could devote some time during Christmas break between semesters or something. What would you say was most effect about it compared with other forms of therapy?
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by ruhligv View Post
    Oh I just saw your above post, hmm... Maybe I could devote some time during Christmas break between semesters or something. What would you say was most effect about it compared with other forms of therapy?
    Or you can carve out a chunk of time every week, like two hours a week to devote to the work. It will just take you longer, but so what? The time will pass anyway, so you might as well use some of that time on something that might help you overcome emet, right?

Why I found it so effective compared to other programs is in my first reply to you. It neutralizes the fear and erases the trauma linked to vomiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm kind of blown away that there are so few members posting on this thread, don't people want to get better?! :-/
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by ruhligv View Post
    I'm kind of blown away that there are so few members posting on this thread, don't people want to get better?! :-/
    That's what I ask myself too.

Congrats on being free btw, I dream of the day I can say that! How wonderful!!! Even if I could go back to how I was in my teen years where I was afraid but it didn't stop me from doing things, I'd be so thrilled! The only time I actually had anxiety from it is if I or someone around me was actually sick, unlike now where I avoid doing things I want to do simply for fear of possibly feeling anxious or getting sick. I haven't enjoyed a good long walk in years like I used to, or been able to go on a road trip or eat at a picnic without gripping fear!

Quote Originally Posted by out_of_order View Post
    Jill, hi, welcome. I did the mp3 version.
    So I'm confused about the fear into power program you referenced. I went to the website, but didn't see any place to purchase MP3s of the emetophobia program. Is it the "7 day" program advertised on the side? That one seems to be more general and cover all phobias. Or is it the "Coaching Services"?

Quote Originally Posted by powermargin View Post
    So I'm confused about the fear into power program you referenced. I went to the website, but didn't see any place to purchase MP3s of the emetophobia program. Is it the "7 day" program advertised on the side? That one seems to be more general and cover all phobias. Or is it the "Coaching Services"?
    Never mind -- answered my own question. Trying out the "7 day" program, I'm optimistic that it will help. Converting all those MP3s into a form that iTunes can handle was a pain, though.

I really really want to try this fear to power programme but really cant afford it right now
    how is it things hit you the hardest when you're most vulnerable and unable to get some help?