Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default To those who are now emet free

I was just wondering if anyone who is now emet free who has stomach issues before have found that they got better when the emet got better?
    I have conquered this mountain before and I can do it again now! I will stay strong! I will THRIVE!

Read my blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: To those who are now emet free

I find that my emet has ups and downs. I'm 43 years old and I have been emet as long as I can remember. I would never say that I'm emet free or "cured" but I have certainly found myself in a place where emet does not rule my every thought thus affecting my day to day life. When I am in such a place, like I find myself now, I feel that yes...my stomach issues improve if not completley clear up.

I am not but many have said that they clear up and go away!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    I find that my emet has ups and downs. I'm 43 years old and I have been emet as long as I can remember. I would never say that I'm emet free or "cured" but I have certainly found myself in a place where emet does not rule my every thought thus affecting my day to day life. When I am in such a place, like I find myself now, I feel that yes...my stomach issues improve if not completley clear up.
    I'm pretty much the same. I'm 41 and don't remember a time where I wasn't emet. I have periods where my emet is terrible, to the point where I dread getting out of bed in the morning and I see no hope of ever feeling better. Then inexplicably, one day I wake up and am not 100% consumed with fear and anxiety. Don't get me wrong, the thoughts are still with me, they just aren't at the forefront of everything I do. It's weird-almost like turning on and off a light switch.
    What's interesting is that I find my emet gets better when my stomach is not acting up so I'm like kyphie, only in reverse!
    Jennifer

The chronic nausea I had with emetophobia is completely gone and today is the first day in almost a month that I've experienced any IBS symptoms and even those are a lot milder. Usually I'll get diarrhea with IBS but this time it's just some mild cramping up and down my right side with the odd sharp jabbing pain. Before 'recovery' this kind of pain would be enough to put me into a panic waiting and wondering if THIS time it wasn't IBS but the beginning of some horrible stomach virus, but today the thought hasn't even crossed my mind and I've been able to eat normally and go about my business without worrying about "what if..."

So yes, even though I haven't been emet-free for very long, it does seem that the majority of my stomach issues are gone too.

That is what I am hoping for. I know that my stomach issues are all stress related as it doesn't matter what I eat or what I don't eat, they still happen. To be able to wake up one day without acid reflux would be nice. Out_of_order the programme seems to be working for me at the moment with exercise 2. Just got to keep trying!
    I have conquered this mountain before and I can do it again now! I will stay strong! I will THRIVE!

Read my blog

Quote Originally Posted by jennielouises View Post
    Out_of_order the programme seems to be working for me at the moment with exercise 2. Just got to keep trying!
    Oh I'm so happy for you! The program works very fast and I really hope it works as well for you as it did for me. Keep at it, do the exercises exactly as prescribed and please keep me updated if that's okay with you? I'd love to know how you're doing as time goes on.

Hello i hope you can remember talking to me the other night OOO it really did help. I managed to find your post about the programme you used and i would be really up for giving it a go. Do you know if there is anywhere in england that sells it or would i have to get it shipped over?

I remember you and enjoyed our conversation! You can purchase and just download the mp3 version. If you want the CD version, you''ll have to contact them because I don't know anything about where/how they ship and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by out_of_order View Post
    Oh I'm so happy for you! The program works very fast and I really hope it works as well for you as it did for me. Keep at it, do the exercises exactly as prescribed and please keep me updated if that's okay with you? I'd love to know how you're doing as time goes on.
    Did you only use the recovery system? Ive heard from a few it didnt work or was limited. Anyways i wish you luck and congrats. If i went for treatment id go to a certified therapist.

( and i thought i was alone being 38 and still dealing with this crap lol) and i have to agree with kyphie ...it ebs and flows. its not near as bad as it was. and i have meds in the rare case i cant calm myself down
    ~strength through purity~
    ~purity through strength~

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Did you only use the recovery system? Ive heard from a few it didnt work or was limited. Anyways i wish you luck and congrats. If i went for treatment id go to a certified therapist.
    Thanks! It wasn't the Emetophobia Recovery System advertised on this site. I did this program http://www.fearintopower.com/cured/emetophobia.html and it worked for me, that's what finally got me over my emetophobia. I had already gone to a number of doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, CBT therapists... even did the Emetophobia Recovery System here... two hypnotherapists.... none of that worked. The Fear into Power finally did, but I do have to say that while I was working hard doing the work in that program (I devoted 8 - 10 hours a day for a week to it), I also saw a third NLP/hypnotherapist who specializes in the same techniques used in the Fear into Power, but I only saw him a couple of times because after the week devoted to the program, I was cured.

Hi all,

This is my first post EVER as i just joined this site tonight. I have had emetophobia since Ive been a child (now 23) and it is definitely affecting my life negatively. Im in graduate school now and I cannot have this affecting me the way it is, especially now that the "sick season" is right around the corner. For those of you who have used the fearintopower method, did you use the CD on the site? How effective? I tried CBT which failed miserably and im just desperate looking for something to help put this under control. All input is welcome!

Jill, hi, welcome. I did the mp3 version.

Ooo, I am looking at the fear into power program, how does it work, like how long is it? I tried the emet recovery program and it helped a little, but it was hours and hours of material and mostly just talking me out of my fears which doesn't really work. I'm a student and work full time and don't have tons of time and energy to devote to sorting through material. But I'd love to give it a shot if it will help! I know I'll still have to own it and work at it of course.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Oh I just saw your above post, hmm... Maybe I could devote some time during Christmas break between semesters or something. What would you say was most effect about it compared with other forms of therapy?
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

I'm kind of blown away that there are so few members posting on this thread, don't people want to get better?! :-/

Some people don't want to get better, which is really sad to me.

I personally didn't post here because my emet never gave me stomach problems like the OP asked, so my input probably isn't all that relevant
    Come visit my history blog:

Quote Originally Posted by ruhligv View Post
    Ooo, I am looking at the fear into power program, how does it work, like how long is it? I tried the emet recovery program and it helped a little, but it was hours and hours of material and mostly just talking me out of my fears which doesn't really work. I'm a student and work full time and don't have tons of time and energy to devote to sorting through material. But I'd love to give it a shot if it will help! I know I'll still have to own it and work at it of course.
    For me it took a week, but when I say a week, I devoted literally 8 - 10 hours a day working on the 4 + 1 bonus exercises in the program. The fear into power program does not talk you out of your fear (that doesn't work, it it did we would have done it ourselves long ago). What it does is it teaches you exercises to do which neutralize the negative emotions (fear) we have linked to vomiting. It erases the trauma. Once that happens, the phobia is gone. That's how it works in a nutshell.

I did the Emetophobia Recovery System program too, but it didn't help me at all.

Oh I just saw your above post, hmm... Maybe I could devote some time during Christmas break between semesters or something. What would you say was most effect about it compared with other forms of therapy?
    Or you can carve out a chunk of time every week, like two hours a week to devote to the work. It will just take you longer, but so what? The time will pass anyway, so you might as well use some of that time on something that might help you overcome emet, right?

Why I found it so effective compared to other programs is in my first reply to you. It neutralizes the fear and erases the trauma linked to vomiting.

I'm kind of blown away that there are so few members posting on this thread, don't people want to get better?! :-/
    That's what I ask myself too.

That's very encouraging! I def think I want to give it a shot, it may be a few weeks before. Can order it but I will keep you posted! I am excited!!!

Congrats on being free btw, I dream of the day I can say that! How wonderful!!! Even if I could go back to how I was in my teen years where I was afraid but it didn't stop me from doing things, I'd be so thrilled! The only time I actually had anxiety from it is if I or someone around me was actually sick, unlike now where I avoid doing things I want to do simply for fear of possibly feeling anxious or getting sick. I haven't enjoyed a good long walk in years like I used to, or been able to go on a road trip or eat at a picnic without gripping fear!

I would love nothing more than to be free of emet, and therefore, anxiety. I am just about to self-refer to the NHS mental health team and get counselling from my university but would look into seeing a private therapist too. I'm intrigued as to how this 'fear into power' system works - it seems like I have quite a complex problem and would like to know if it can deal with numerous aspects simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by out_of_order View Post
    Jill, hi, welcome. I did the mp3 version.
    So I'm confused about the fear into power program you referenced. I went to the website, but didn't see any place to purchase MP3s of the emetophobia program. Is it the "7 day" program advertised on the side? That one seems to be more general and cover all phobias. Or is it the "Coaching Services"?

Quote Originally Posted by powermargin View Post
    So I'm confused about the fear into power program you referenced. I went to the website, but didn't see any place to purchase MP3s of the emetophobia program. Is it the "7 day" program advertised on the side? That one seems to be more general and cover all phobias. Or is it the "Coaching Services"?
    Never mind -- answered my own question. Trying out the "7 day" program, I'm optimistic that it will help. Converting all those MP3s into a form that iTunes can handle was a pain, though.

I really really want to try this fear to power programme but really cant afford it right now
    how is it things hit you the hardest when you're most vulnerable and unable to get some help?

A lot of my stomach issues either went away, or I just don't notice them, now that I am not very phobic.