Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help! ate a bite of undercooked chicken?!?

So we were having chicken wings tonight, and I ate about half of one wing (they're about 2 inches long). At this point my mom realized they were undercooked in the centre so told me to stick them back in the broiler - I had already eaten almost one entire wing!!! now im freaking out so badly cause im so scared im gonna get sick. theyre fully cooked and ready to eat now but i'm so freaked out ive just lost my appetite help please ;(

Default Re: help! ate a bite of undercooked chicken?!?

I wish I had something reassuring to say but I don't know all the facts on meat and it being undercooked because I am a vegetarian. However, maybe the piece you had was fully done, just the one she picked wasn't? Maybe she thought they weren't done but they were. If it's the center that was not done and since you eat from the outside to the inside maybe you didn't reach a part that was undone.

You said they are two inches long. Say you did eat the whole wing, and it was not done in the center, does NOT necessarily mean you will v*. You may have some gas, maybe a bout of d* but no v* since the center is such a small part and seeming how they are only two inches long anyways.

When I was little and my dad still does it to this day, we would roll RAW hamburger in a ball and eat a piece before cooking it. It was like OUR ritual. Daddy and daughter thing, of course until I became vegetarian and have never been sick from that and neither has my father if that gives you any piece of mind.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Default Re: help! ate a bite of undercooked chicken?!?

A year or two ago my friend made fried chicken and it had been frozen and pre-breaded. He cut it up into chunks and served it to us, I was eating when all of a sudden someone said theirs was still bright pink!! I freaked out completely , and we sent it back to be recooked. I didn't get sick though, and neither did the person there who actually ate the undercooked chicken! Also, sometimes when chicken is close to the bone it appears pink.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!