Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default kidney infection and amoxicillin...im stuck here!

I was prescribed amoxicillin for a kidney infection and I'm scared to take it..but, the kidney infection is also causing nausea and I'm scared if I take the amoxicillian, I will get sick. I've never taken amoxicillin before and I'm kinda freaked out cause either way I'm gonna feel sick! Help!! Any suggestions? Oh,and my little sister is taking it too and says it leaves an aftertaste that tastes like vomit. Ugh.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: kidney infection and amoxicillin...im stuck here!

Amoxicillian is not bad, and if you have a kidney infection, you need to take care of it, that can lead to more serious things, that could make you more sick. I have taken it a lot for sinus stuff, and never had any trouble with it, not a bad taste, no side effects, nothing. I doubt it will make you sick, if you are worried, eat some crackers with it so you have something in your stomach. You can do it, it's the best thing for you! My thoughts are with you, I know it's hard to overcome our own thoughts at times like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amoxicillin is something I have had to take alot. It never made me sick and I even took it during pregnancy. If it's going to benefit you, take it and get rid of that infection! It will be so much more better.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Take it..it will make you feel better! *hugs*

Omg I'm freaking out. I took the antibiotic at 215 and now I'm burping (in my throat burps,I can't actually burp) and I'm freaking out. Oh god please help.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I have those nearly everyday. It's just burps. Totally normal. Probably not even from the amox.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Amox is the EASIEST antibiotic on your GI system. Everytime I need an antibiotic I ask for this ... even if I have to take it for 10 days and the other stuff they want to give me I would take for 3 ... I don't care ... never had any problems with Amox. Just make sure to eat lots of yogurt and take probiotics to avoid any d*