Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help me, I cant live like this anymore

Hi I'm Kerry and I'm 14, and I've always had a really bad fear of vomiting but since last year in school, it's ruined my life. I was in English and just out of the blue I felt like I was going to be sick, so obviously I freaked out an ran out, and I was then off school for 2 weeks ill and I went to the doctors and had blood tests and they thought I had glandular fever, now after I was better It all went downhill in school, social situations with friends, traveling etc. my fear has now increased 100x worse. I keep leaving my classes feeling sick thinking I'm gonna be sick etc. I can't take it. I was on anti sickness medication, and they did help but now I've been taken off them, I am better with it now, but I'm so scared to go back to school. I need help, to calm down and know Im not gonna be sick.

Default Re: Please help me, I cant live like this anymore

I'm sorry to hear this. You're not going to be sick! You are sick just cause of n*. I'm 17 and tomorrow it's my third day of school this year. I'm not so afraid of school like you now,but I had school phobia when I was 9. It was the worst period of my life,but that's far behind me,thanks God! And I'm afraid of winter and viruses, horrible. I didn't threw up since I was 8 so I don't know how would I handle it if it happend at school. I can't imagine that. And I'm also really afraid of traveling. I didn't go to school trips for 3 years now when the trips lasts more than 4 hours.
    I'm having really good time at school with my friends!

Did you continue to go to school every day after what happend last year?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Thanks yeah I did, and I was allowed to leave the classes when I felt sick, but everyone tells me 'I'm not going to b sick' but it does nothing xxxx

I know that doesn't help :/
    Did you leave the classes often?
    And did you go to some therapy?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Kerry! I feel you. 9 times out of 10 I am fine. Something sets off my anxiety. This time it was bronchitis. Bronchitis is gone, but now I'm left with no appitite. The thought of food is making me sick. I'm usually always hungry and love food! I'm really scared. Today my doc prescribed some anti emetics for me to take. When you get that sick feeling, is it the anxiety making you sick? I mean, are you throwing up or just feeling like you are because the fear takes you over? do you ever get not at all hungry? Last night I forced myself to eat a bowl of soup, and I was ok, I just want my life back. So just know, someone in Massachusetts is thinking of you, and going throught it right beside you!

No, im not actually sick, its just the fear taking over! But it's hard cos I feel that sick! And no I haven't been to therapy but I'm starting gcses so I want this to be sorted! I'm dreading getting up tomorrow with schooL! And yeah I think it is aniexty most of the time

Before I broke up from school I was In my classes all the time, but sometimes I did come out

Right now I'm scared because my appitite is totally gone. I'm not hungry at all, and just feel if it came back, I'd feel better, it would lessen the anxiety. I too, am looking to get some therapy. I need to get my life back!

If it's so hard for you to go to school, i think you have to go to therapy. When i had school phobia,i didn't go to school for 2 months so my parents left me in hospital and i had therapies,etc.i don't remember that period,but after that,i went to school normally. Of course, i'm not saying you have to go to hospital,just on some therapy.
    Do your parents and teachers know about your emetoph.?