Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default feel horrible, someone please talk!

so i've felt fine all day, ate breakfast and went out and was really hungry for my dinner when i got home, so i made some food. about 10 minutes after eating it i suddenly had really bad d* and extreme nausea which i've had for about an hour now. i've taken some loperamide for the d* but i still feel terrible. i'm shaking loads and so so tired and i keep on having d* (had it about 4 times in the last hour) what could this be? i have been diagnosed with ibs so i guess it could be that, but it hasn't been a problem for ages some advice or support would be nice

Default Re: feel horrible, someone please talk!

well,if you have ibs,it could be that. I don't know much about the ibs so i don't really know. Does ibs causes n*?
    I hope you'll be better!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

yeah it can cause really bad n* which i often get. but because i panic it makes the n* 10 times worse i just really dont want to be sick

I'm sorry you feel that way.
    But i think you won't vomit if you didn't vomited before when you had ibs. Try to distract yourself somehow if you can.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I hope you feel better I totally know what you are going through. I have been doing much better with my fear thanks to my therapist, she has taught me that nothing lasts forever and you will get through this. You will feel better soon. I did V* not very long ago and realized it is really not bad at all. I felt so so much better after I did. I realized it was the N* that was worse. Try to distract yourself, take a shower, a walk. Take gravol or Pepto. you will get through this.

I had the same thing today. I have ibs also . today randomely i had this acid coming up my throat with bad heart burn , then I got d a couple times today. I feel a lil better now. I hope i dont get sick either. I would rather be shot!

Thankyou everyone who replied to this, I forgot to check it and I only remembered I posted something on it just now! I managed to get through it thank god, I didn't V* just felt like it soooo bad, but it didn't really last long. Thanks again for the advice and support X